Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well.. My wife was driving the Camaro today and came to the middle median lane to make a left turn. Apparently an older style Camaro with faded paint came up behind her to go straight. However, he was inches behind her and a Van came into the middle median section and informed my wife that the car behind her was taking pictures of the plate. I found that odd.. Although, I don't believe they can track her or the car down whatever reasons? Thoughts anyone? :confused:

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
Probably nothing, but tell the cops just to be sure.

·
Registered
97 Posts
wonder if there had been any hot rodding in the car and they wanted to report her (or you)?
I could see that in the small town I'm in and the alleged "quick trips" i take here and there...

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If I thought people taking pictures of my Camaro was a reason for concern...I'd be freaking out all the time. [URL="
[/URL]
Just a guess...but I'm thinkin' that the person in the old Camaro wanted to have a couple pictures of a new Camaro. [URL="
[/URL]
That is what came across as my first thought.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
mmmmm, maybe they were just taking pictures of your car? it happens, it's a pretty nice car. :thumbsup:

·
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep
4,638 Posts
Is it a custom license plate or a regular one?

·
Registered
178 Posts
If the people in the car behind her wer in the car taking pictures how did the people in the Van know it was pictures of just the license plate? They were probably just taking pics of the car. As said above it is a nice car!

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
have you had any enemies or done anything sketchy lately?

·
8,984 Posts
Well.. My wife was driving the Camaro today and came to the middle median lane to make a left turn. Apparently an older style Camaro with faded paint came up behind her to go straight. However, he was inches behind her and a Van came into the middle median section and informed my wife that the car behind her was taking pictures of the plate. I found that odd.. Although, I don't believe they can track her or the car down whatever reasons? Thoughts anyone? :confused:
I am making a spreadsheet of people with Camaro's. You are number 648.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
If I thought people taking pictures of my Camaro was a reason for concern...I'd be freaking out all the time. If the people in the car behind her wer in the car taking pictures how did the people in the Van know it was pictures of just the license plate? They were probably just taking pics of the car. As said above it is a nice car!

Agreed! Happens to me all the time.

I am making a spreadsheet of people with Camaro's. You are number 648.
:lol:

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
wonder if there had been any hot rodding in the car and they wanted to report her (or you)?
I could see that in the small town I'm in and the alleged "quick trips" i take here and there...
No hot rodding was done.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
I wish I had a dollar for everytime my Camaro has been photographed!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I get it a lot, I'll see people pull out the cell, and take cell phone pics. I don't know if it's the car or vanity plate or both.

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
More than likely they were just taking pictures of the car. My police department does receive calls for this once in a while. What we do is make a report and it is coded as a meet complainant as no crime took place. Its not investigated any furthur but it is kept on record if something were to happen in the future. Again more than likely they were just checking out your car they just naturally draw people. Ive had people come to our window in the district and ask if they could come on to the police lot to take pics of mine.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Maybe the Guy in the Van Just wanted to talk to your wife.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Surely something that you should report to Obama.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts