Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Actually, the dent was put in my Firebird. I just trashed it on the way home in icy weather. I first hit the concrete medium (that deployed the airbags), then got side struck by a rather large truck. These picures don't show the worst damage. The drivers side is totaly smashed in and the passanger side front glass is shattered. It may be a totaled job. I was depending on this as a trade-in tawords the new Camaro. Hopefully, my insurance will cover most of the damages (if they decide it's worth repairing. If I can recover from this with little out of pocket, I will keep on path with the Camaro. I may just have to wait a little longer than expected.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The thing is, I've gone almost nine years without doing this in the same kind of weather. Not really sure what happened this time. I started to skid and just couldn't stop it this time. Of course, the other truck hitting me was just a bonus a guess :BangHead:

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
Oh man sorry to hear that. Are you OK?

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Sorry to hear that, but let's hope they do total it out for you, instead of spending $1000 less, and taking a month, to fix it.

If you are serious about the Camaro, you may want to look into buying some old POS, like an 80's civic or accord, that will be cheap, get you where you want to go, and then you can sell for about the same price you paid in a year when you get your Camaro. :)

·
Registered
328 Posts
Sorry to hear that, but let's hope they do total it out for you, instead of spending $1000 less, and taking a month, to fix it.

If you are serious about the Camaro, you may want to look into buying some old POS, like an 80's civic or accord, that will be cheap, get you where you want to go, and then you can sell for about the same price you paid in a year when you get your Camaro. :)
Cuoncrs is right on with that being the game plan if they total it.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, I'm fine. Thank you all for asking.

The only problem with buying something cheap now, is that I was really depending on a good trade in value. Hopefully, if they do total it, I can either buy something with the whole amount and still get the same back in a year or so, or buy something a little cheaper and save the rest for now. I'm not sure what my option are just yet. I'll find out more when they take a look at the car.

·
Premium Member
2,774 Posts
wow wow WOW..sorry to hear man. hope your okay. the car can get fixed..you its harder to find replacement parts for ;)

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
That is a bummer...but its good to hear no one was hurt. As far as totaling your car, if the repairs add up to 70-75% of retail value, then the Firebird is going bye-bye. I'm curious to know which criminal organization...errr...insurance company is covering you? Since I deal with insurance adjusters all the time, maybe I can give you some insight as to how they might try to screw you. Sorry, you are NOT "in good hands". :rolleyes:

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
A friend of the family rolled his F-250 last year and had to deal with his insurance company..they kept trying to nickel-and-dime the worth of his old truck down.
Unfortunately, insurance companies are not really interested in their client's cars, they are only interested in their bottom line: PROFIT. God knows they make plenty of that, and one way they make sure of their profit is by paying out the LOWEST POSSIBLE AMOUNT. Anyone wonder why the insurance industry is the ONLY industry in the USA that doesn't have to abide by antitrust laws? Cuz they got a law passed by the gubment back in the late forties that said so. Insurance companies said they needed to share actuarial data.:bs: Let's call it what it really is: a price fixing scam of an industry. The two most powerful entities in the USA: #1. The federal "gubment" #2. The insurance industry. Good luck fighting either one.

·
Registered
375 Posts
You know, insurance is funny. You pay and pay and pay, but the one time you ask them to give some of it back, they get their shorts in a knot an raise your rates. I got into an accident a couple years back, this guy I'm behind stops on a green light and I slam on my brakes an rear end him(no serious damage to either vehicle). Long story short, I was with my insurance company accident/ticket free for over seventeen years an they raise my rates an put me on high risk list for three years. freaking idiots.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Unfortunately, insurance companies are not really interested in their client's cars, they are only interested in their bottom line: PROFIT. God knows they make plenty of that, and one way they make sure of their profit is by paying out the LOWEST POSSIBLE AMOUNT. Anyone wonder why the insurance industry is the ONLY industry in the USA that doesn't have to abide by antitrust laws? Cuz they got a law passed by the gubment back in the late forties that said so. Insurance companies said they needed to share actuarial data.:bs: Let's call it what it really is: a price fixing scam of an industry. The two most powerful entities in the USA: #1. The federal "gubment" #2. The insurance industry. Good luck fighting either one.
He eventually pestered them enough to the point they wrote him a nice check..he went and bought another F-250. :|

I tried to talk him into the 2500s..but noooo.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
Ouch bro glad to hear you are OK. Hopefully you don't get shafted by your ins.

Mine so far has been pretty good. I've got quite a few claims (GTO is in the shop now) and so far haven't seen a rate increase. They replaced the engine in the Z once (hydrolocked -flood damage), fixed it the time I got run off the road by a tractor, replaced the rack one year later ,when it went out, when the slignment shop said it was because of the time I went off road, couple of windshield fixes, and now the GTO is getting repainted and some dings fixed because of the Tornados we had recently. Paying them same thing. Guess you just got to have the right one. Pissed me off the rental company put me in a **** minivan though :mad: :BangHead:. I HAAAAATTTEEE Dodge Grand Caravans!

·
Registered
620 Posts
They will more then likely total it out, i had a 93 Z28 and got t-boned and they totalled it out. the accident was only at about 45mph and the light was red so the guy shold have been slowing down, so i am not sure.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts