Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went home for lunch today. opened up the garage door, and there sits my car. as i walk past it, i notice the front drivers side fender is kinda odd looking. i get closer and see that the fender is pushed out a little. i look at the tire and see that its sliced from the fender:angry:. the tire isnt flat, just sliced a bit. the only conclusion i have to it, is that i must have been cookin it and took a left handed turn and must have compressed the suspension, and sliced the tire. Rich, at backstreet performance, told me we should have raised the car up a bit, in fear of this. but i didnt listen. now i pay the price. so, i guess now im in the market for new tires. which i wanted to get a new brand and wider rear tires any way. but this is not the way i wanted to get them. would like pirelli p zero nero's, in a 305/30/22 rear and 265/30/22 front. if anyone can get a great deal on all 4 shipped to 44705, let me know.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
best deal i got for the pirelli set, in the size i want ,is 1276.77 shipped from tire rack. if anyone can beat it or cares to beat it, let me know and ill take a set from you.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Yeah that's way too low. Whoever lowered it should have told you that when you did it. The fender is basically sitting on the tire! If you get into kind body roll situation, that's what happens.

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
why not a 315/25-22, it is the same size as the 265/30-22, both are smaller than stock, and a 305/30-22 is much taller.

here is what i can find:
Tire Rack - $1286 shipped
Discount Tire Direct - $1334 shipped (however if you find a better price they will beat it)

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i dont know if i have the right offset for the 315. i know the 305 will fit. the 305 will actually be smaller height wise, than my 295 now. and with a 265/30 front, the front will be lower than it is now.

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah that's way too low. Whoever lowered it should have told you that when you did it. The fender is basically sitting on the tire! If you get into kind body roll situation, that's what happens.
i had no problems with the lowering, up until this point. when i took the turn, there was a drain on the other side of the turn and it sunk me down a bit while i was turning. this compressed the wheel into the fender while it was turned. thats the only reason this happened. other than this 1 incident, the car handles,drives and sits perfect. the tire does not touch the car anywhere at all.

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You can lower, just don't lower it to where the fender is almost sitting on top of the tire. A good bump or body roll will cause damage like that or worse.
there is not alot of body roll to my car. pedders everything underneath of it. its pretty stiff. this had nothing to do with body roll.

·
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple
11,842 Posts
best deal i got for the pirelli set, in the size i want ,is 1276.77 shipped from tire rack. if anyone can beat it or cares to beat it, let me know and ill take a set from you.
PM 'TirExchange.com' (Garrett) he can try to beat that.
Wouldn't be a normally stocked tire, but he can get it!

·
Registered
376 Posts
why would you want to lower it that much or even at all i know it looks good but the headache you get worrying about dragging the bottom of the car on a bump or something its lowered enough from the factory in my opinion, shoot i have to buy a special low profile jack so i can jack the car up,

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i like it because it looks good. rides great. and handles amazingly. i have a low pro jack too. i dont ever drag the bottom of the car. how would you drag the bottom of the car? theres plenty of clearance between the road and the frame. lets remember these are 22" whees, not 19". lots of ground clearance here. just not fender clearance. and actually one of the biggest problems with the stock ss camaro is that it sits too high. it needs to be lowered at least an inch to give it a better ride and handling.

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
i like it because it looks good. rides great. and handles amazingly. i have a low pro jack too. i dont ever drag the bottom of the car. how would you drag the bottom of the car? theres plenty of clearance between the road and the frame. lets remember these are 22" whees, not 19". lots of ground clearance here. just not fender clearance. and actually one of the biggest problems with the stock ss camaro is that it sits too high. it needs to be lowered at least an inch to give it a better ride and handling.
i love the stance of mine now that i've lowered it an inch :thumbsup:

no ground clearance problems or fender problems here!

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
not sure exactly. with the wheels on it only lowere the car about 1 inch. but the wheels raised the car up just a bit. its about 1 inch lower than stock.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts