Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So on my lunch today I decided to pamper the car and went and washed it and dried it and it was looking quite spiffy. Anyway, I stopped by Sonic to get a drink. The kid brings out the drink and tells me the price. I already ran my card to pay for it. He said, let me check on that like I really need a free drink.

Anyway, he walks between the car and the order thing. I'm watching him in the rear view and he brushes his ass up against the car. I said, please don't touch my car. He says "I didn't touch your car, well...maybe my butt did". Yeah, maybe it did. I asked him his name and he shrugged his shoulders and walked off??? I start pressing the button and get the mgr. out there and he wasn't a load of help either. I told him I'd just call the office and they shouldn't be allowed to even walk between that thing and someone's car much less an obvious brand new one. I drove back to the office right around the corner and looked. He scratched it back near the fins. About a 2" mark. I went back over there and then called their office, spoke with the mgr. again and they're supposed to be calling me back. I sure hope they're prepared to at least reimburse me for the work I'm going to have to do and the supplies I'll use up buffing it out. I think I'm going to start riding the bike to work. It draws attention but never had anyone door ding it or scratch it. lol

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Get used to it buddy. There are dings on my car that I don't even know how or even when they got there. I was at the gym a few months ago and watched some teenager walking towards my car...he had all the room in the world. So I'm watching and thinking to myself "he's gonna walk right up against my car". Sure enough, as if my car was a magnet, he walked right up on it and brushed up against it. And believe it or not, it was kinda funny to me. I just laughed and went about my business. Some things I will just take a deep breath and let it slide. In your case, maybe the manager will reimburse you AND hook you up with a month of free food!!

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nope, he had the headset radio thing and one of those changer things on the other side and lots of wires hanging down and buttons on his back pockets. Not sure which one did it.

What exactly do you mean "cheap shot to get some work done"?

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Get used to it buddy. There are dings on my car that I don't even know how or even when they got there. I was at the gym a few months ago and watched some teenager walking towards my car...he had all the room in the world. So I'm watching and thinking to myself "he's gonna walk right up against my car". Sure enough, as if my car was a magnet, he walked right up on it and brushed up against it. And believe it or not, it was kinda funny to me. I just laughed and went about my business. Some things I will just take a deep breath and let it slide. In your case, maybe the manager will reimburse you AND hook you up with a month of free food!!
I am getting more and more used to it. Shoot, I don't even want that much from them. I'll do the work myself so I'm not looking to get rich or anything. lol People are amazing for sure.

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
I'd have raised holy hell.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Sometimes tho it isn't even worth the hassle. I mean, if the manager denies it, and the kid denies it, there is nothing you can do. It wouldn't even be worth a lawsuit. Not to mention you probably won't be able to go back to the place again...they might hold a grudge and do something to your food. If its just a minor scuff that can be buffed out then I'd say let it go. Treat your car to a nice wax and leave it alone. But hopefully the manager will do the right thing. I'm sure they have video cameras in the lot. But don't get too wound up about it. It could have been a lot worse. And end of the day, it isn't a big deal...not big enough to go crazy over...

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sometimes tho it isn't even worth the hassle. I mean, if the manager denies it, and the kid denies it, there is nothing you can do. It wouldn't even be worth a lawsuit. Not to mention you probably won't be able to go back to the place again...they might hold a grudge and do something to your food. If its just a minor scuff that can be buffed out then I'd say let it go. Treat your car to a nice wax and leave it alone. But hopefully the manager will do the right thing. I'm sure they have video cameras in the lot. But don't get too wound up about it. It could have been a lot worse. And end of the day, it isn't a big deal...not big enough to go crazy over...
You're right. Not worth a lawsuit or even a threat of one. They do have cameras but I dunno if they'll show anything. I wish it was just a scuff. It's definitelly a scratch but the good old Griots and a little cutting and it'll be good as new. I've calmed down since then. I won't go back there again though. I have watched the movie "Serving" Yikes, don't mess with the people that make your food. :D If it's cloudy tomorrow I'll get it fixed.

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'll take some more in the morning. The ones I took I don't think it shows. Wait, lemme check them. I'll take some here in a bit if these 2 I took won't show. brb

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I don't think you have to get used to it. I'm kinda picky...so I find any manmade damage to my car unacceptable...so I'd be pretty pissed too!!!
I'm the same way. Can't hardly get used to something like that. I never got a door ding or scratch in the little over a year I had my '12. I'm picky as hell too and when I come back to my car I always look it over. There was just no need for this today. Oh well, I'm lucky it's not horrible and I will fix it on the next cloudy day. :)

·
Registered
299 Posts
:angry:What i love is when you park far away from the cars in the middle of nowhere in the parking lot, you come out of the building and someone is parked right next to you..

·
Registered
394 Posts
:angry:What i love is when you park far away from the cars in the middle of nowhere in the parking lot, you come out of the building and someone is parked right next to you..
EVERY DA%N TIME!!! i hate that!!! i am very anal about dings and such.. now that you have said this i will be avoiding sonics in my car lol.. lesson learned thanks... :5go:

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I love their drinks but I always worry about them doing something like that with the tray they carry. I never get food from them 'cuz I don't wanna stink the car up. lol

The good news is that their insurance co. just called me and they were all over reimbursing me for product and time. They wanted to know if I wanted to take it to a shop and I was adamant about doing it myself and told him I didn't want it painted or anything. No need for that when I can probably get it looking brilliant with Griots 3 polish and my buffer.

I can't seem to get the scratch to show up with my cell phone camera even though it takes pretty good pics. Anyone have any suggestions? They want me to send pics of course. I figure I'll take before and after.

As far as avoiding Sonic I think I'm going to do the same after that experience. :)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts