Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i normally don't post anything i am more of a reader. But i need to vent a little and the wife hates my camaro so she don't care. Here we go... Two weeks i was driving to work and went to pass someone and my throttle stuck! Put in neutral hit gas again and cleared it. okay no big deal right? last fri same thing happened but couldn't clear it had to shut off engine. call dealer and get appointment for monday. Sunday morning go to start car and nothing!:mad: check battery dead!! put on charger and 5 mins later vrooommm. let run fro 1 hour check voltage and looks good. shut car off wait 2 hours and try again NOTHING:angry: Monday morning have to jump start again and head for dealer. Car is runnig like sh&%. Surging, tpms system going off, stability trac warnings, airbag warnings just everything. The dealer called today and asked if it was ok for the tech to drive my baby home to see if they fixed the problem. told me they put new programs and new battery, tpms, and if allgoes well can have her back friday. :) anyone have any of these problems? and what does NEW PROGRAMS mean? Thanks for the place to let me vent so i don't kill someone;)

·
Bully Proof
7,086 Posts
Wow...that's some disappointing performance from your Camaro. Would you share some more background info...SS or LT? Mileage?

I only have some experience with the tpms going haywire which has happened twice but it was a quick fix at the dealership the first time and I reset it myself the second time so no big deal.

I hope your Camaro is fixed and be sure to let us know how it all works out.

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry forgot info. 2010 LT. 28k on mileage. Gone thru 3 tpms already. One passenger airbag sensor. Getting ready to trade in and upgrade to SS

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
yeah, sounds like some computer gremlins...SUCKS, but hopefully they'll figure it out.

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Sorry to hear that, haven't had any of the rodents that get into cars and chew wiring up?? Well Hopefully everything goes OK, maybe trading it in just to be safe might be the way to go just incase it's one of those Built on a Mon or Tue or just is a Lemon, that happens sometimes... Good Luck...

·
Registered
142 Posts
Just as an FYI, the surging was probably a result of the dead battery.

Actually, all of the symptoms you describe could be voltage related. Hope it all works out!

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Sorry to hear you're having troubles!!

The most perplexing part of your story is that your wife hates your Camaro. How can ANYBODY hate a Camaro? :confused:

Hopefully your dealer will get you fixed up good as new.

·
Premium Member
4,383 Posts
Very sorry to hear that and glad to be here for ya. Please keep us updated on fix.

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
So i normally don't post anything i am more of a reader. But i need to vent a little and the wife hates my camaro so she don't care. Here we go... Two weeks i was driving to work and went to pass someone and my throttle stuck! Put in neutral hit gas again and cleared it. okay no big deal right? last fri same thing happened but couldn't clear it had to shut off engine. call dealer and get appointment for monday. Sunday morning go to start car and nothing!:mad: check battery dead!! put on charger and 5 mins later vrooommm. let run fro 1 hour check voltage and looks good. shut car off wait 2 hours and try again NOTHING:angry: Monday morning have to jump start again and head for dealer. Car is runnig like sh&%. Surging, tpms system going off, stability trac warnings, airbag warnings just everything. The dealer called today and asked if it was ok for the tech to drive my baby home to see if they fixed the problem. told me they put new programs and new battery, tpms, and if allgoes well can have her back friday. :) anyone have any of these problems? and what does NEW PROGRAMS mean? Thanks for the place to let me vent so i don't kill someone;)

·
Registered
135 Posts
So i normally don't post anything i am more of a reader. But i need to vent a little and the wife hates my camaro so she don't care. Here we go... Two weeks i was driving to work and went to pass someone and my throttle stuck! Put in neutral hit gas again and cleared it. okay no big deal right? last fri same thing happened but couldn't clear it had to shut off engine. call dealer and get appointment for monday. Sunday morning go to start car and nothing!:mad: check battery dead!! put on charger and 5 mins later vrooommm. let run fro 1 hour check voltage and looks good. shut car off wait 2 hours and try again NOTHING:angry: Monday morning have to jump start again and head for dealer. Car is runnig like sh&%. Surging, tpms system going off, stability trac warnings, airbag warnings just everything. The dealer called today and asked if it was ok for the tech to drive my baby home to see if they fixed the problem. told me they put new programs and new battery, tpms, and if allgoes well can have her back friday. :) anyone have any of these problems? and what does NEW PROGRAMS mean? Thanks for the place to let me vent so i don't kill someone;)[/QUOTE

No big deal??? Having your throttle get stuck to me sounds like a pretty big deal! Thankfully you had enough sense to react as fast as you did and the way you did. That could have gotten you or someone else killed! Hopefully the dealership gets that fixed... I gotta say if something like that ever happened to me i would be very skeptical of driving that car again. fixed or not.

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
No big deal??? Having your throttle get stuck to me sounds like a pretty big deal! Thankfully you had enough sense to react as fast as you did and the way you did. That could have gotten you or someone else killed! Hopefully the dealership gets that fixed... I gotta say if something like that ever happened to me i would be very skeptical of driving that car again. fixed or not.
It could have been worse....his tranny could have grenaded from using Launch Control and the MFR denies the warr claim, or the "floor mat" (Spelled ECU) could have stuck the throttle wide open or killed the brakes.

Don't sweat small stuff. The dealer will have you up and running in no time.

·
Registered
135 Posts
It could have been worse....his tranny could have grenaded from using Launch Control and the MFR denies the warr claim, or the "floor mat" (Spelled ECU) could have stuck the throttle wide open or killed the brakes.

Don't sweat small stuff. The dealer will have you up and running in no time.
I dono man, ive been fortunate enough to never had something like that happen to me, and im sure most people havent either. all i know is if it DID happen to me, TWICE at that, i would be very nervous about getting back behind the wheel of that car, reguardless if the dealer SAYS its fixed or not. thats pretty scary stuff! i think its time for the OP to trade up for an SS or something cause it seems like he got a lemon. there are always a few out there with all manufactures.

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sorry took so long to post back. Got my car back fri night and she is running great even better than the 1st day I got her. The dealer replaced the battery which say caused the surging and most of the other problems. They replaced 3 tpms sensors and said the sticking throttle was from dirt and debris on the throttle body blade. Sounds good to me she runs great.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Sorry took so long to post back. Got my car back fri night and she is running great even better than the 1st day I got her. The dealer replaced the battery which say caused the surging and most of the other problems. They replaced 3 tpms sensors and said the sticking throttle was from dirt and debris on the throttle body blade. Sounds good to me she runs great.
Cool! Good luck and hope it works out for ya...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts