Modern Camaro Forums banner
41 - 59 of 59 Posts
"You can convert your music files to MP3's in itunes."

How do you do this if you've already converted a CD into your IPOD library using IPOD's extension?

"You can convert your music files to MP3's in itunes."

How do you do this if you've already converted a CD into your IPOD library using IPOD's extension?

highlight a song or songs in your lirbary or playlist in itunes...
under the "advanced" drop-down menu at the top, there's a "convert selection to MP3" command.

i just figured it out. under edit, preferences, i had to change the import settings to use the mp3 encoder. right now, i have 18 GB of music. i might as well just convert it all to mp3 format since it is higher quality then mp4. looks like you can extract a higher quality track [mp3] from a lower quality one [mp4-ipods aac version]???

i have the 80 gb ipod

I just came across a Visteon Owners manual [Not for the one specifically for the Camaro-just a Visteon high end product], and it appears that the IPOD connections are on the back of the unit. Looks like in order to listen to your IPOD, you'd have to have the head unit yanked out.

All connections were on the back of the unit. Unit uses a IPOD multimedia cable. The one end plugs into the bottom of the IPOD. The other end has plugs for the USB port, rca type jacks for right & left audio & video. The owners manual said IPOD control is thru the face of the head unit. Didn't mention steering wheel control for the IPOD itself.

I just came across a Visteon Owners manual [Not for the one specifically for the Camaro-just a Visteon high end product], and it appears that the IPOD connections are on the back of the unit. Looks like in order to listen to your IPOD, you'd have to have the head unit yanked out.

All connections were on the back of the unit. Unit uses a IPOD multimedia cable. The one end plugs into the bottom of the IPOD. The other end has plugs for the USB port, rca type jacks for right & left audio & video. The owners manual said IPOD control is thru the face of the head unit. Didn't mention steering wheel control for the IPOD itself.

I believe in the camaro it's in the center console.

i found this video on youtube
of some guy who got a chance
to be in a camaro v6 and he said that
the sound system was really nice
but i dont know be your own judge...
you can't judge the sound quality off of a youtube clip.

Boston Acoustics sound systems - the first application in a GM vehicle!

Stanard 6-Speaker Base Sound System

Mid-range speakers in each door and rear shelf
Tweeters in triangular "shark-fin" on the doors

Premium 9-Speaker 245-watt Sound System

6.5-inch woofers in each door
1-inch tweeters in triangular "shark-fin" on the doors
3.5-inch center-channel speaker
7-channel subwoofer on rear shelf
I know this is old but, 2 in door + 2 in shark fin + 2 rear + center (front)= 7
Are the rear speakers compound containing 2 speakers each or am I missing something else? Not a big audiophile so speak slowly and clearly lol

2 door, 2 tweeter, 1 center, 2 rear, 2 rear tweeters... = 9

super gay i know calling those crappy 2way 6x9's 4 speakers..

I installed audio and everything in between 12v. My last car was a 2009g8gt. The sound system for a stock car was really good all it was lacking was a little more low end bass. And some dynamate. Then i fine tuned the mids and highs and presto. Perfect i even used a usac. Sound scale. And that car jammed best of all you couldn't hear a **** thing outside the car .

Try the Deutsche Gramophone recording of the 1812 Overture, and Also Sprach Zarathustra to check out the lows. Beethoven's 5th and 9th for the rest.

Took a bit of adjusting to get the BA system to sound okay, high bass and treble and low midrange. Best thing is girl friend looked at the screen and said the picture looks like another pair of BOOBS. ��

41 - 59 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.