Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed today that the Spacers were left in on my 2 front tire springs. I feel like a idiot for not noticing sooner but I just didn't. I have around 2100 miles and would like to know the harm if any this has done to my ZL1 ? Brought it to the dealer and he didn't even know what they were, I did ask if they were removed when I picked up the car and was told that they were. The dealer doesn't think its a big deal but since he didn't know what they were so I was curious what everyone else thoughts are ? Thanks in advance !

Attachments

·
Registered
217 Posts
they were there for shipping and keeping the front suspension stiffer, no damage should have occurred and you should just remove them, a common practice on cars with shot springs is to install some different looking spacers to avoid the sag on one side and the expense of replacing the tired spring . You should notice amore comfortable ride now though.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for your help, the dealer has been beyond horrible since the down payment has been made. They deny that I asked about them when picking up the car, now they don't know what they are. Thanks again !

·
Livin' the dream!
573 Posts
As the Ace Frehley song says... RIP IT OUT!!! That's what I told my dealer when my son found them.

Leaving them in won't hurt it, but it does make for a rougher ride.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
I would contact the GM customer service here on MC they might contact the dealer for you and set something up. Plus mother GM will have a case number is case something does come up. Just my 2 cents..

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Guapo,
Thank you, I have been looking for someone to talk to about this dealership. Thanks again !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts