Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new Camaro has no spare tire and I am not sure one is an option. As far as I know all Camaro's come with an air pump filled with tire sealer which operates on the current from the 12 volt power ports. Not good at all if you have a blow out.
The Dodge Challenger had this same issue but a spare is an option.
Does anyone know if a spare tire is available for the new Camaro. My car has the 19 inch wheels. What size spare would be acceptable? Also what about a jack? Will a spare tire even fit in the trunkwell?

·
Registered
1 Posts
spare tire

When I ordered my Camaro, they asked me if I wanted a spare tire. I didn't want it, of course, because of the added weight and cost. But, I do believe that a spare tire is an option. Unless my dealer was misleading me???

·
Registered
470 Posts
My new Camaro has no spare tire and I am not sure one is an option. As far as I know all Camaro's come with an air pump filled with tire sealer which operates on the current from the 12 volt power ports. Not good at all if you have a blow out.
The Dodge Challenger had this same issue but a spare is an option.
Does anyone know if a spare tire is available for the new Camaro. My car has the 19 inch wheels. What size spare would be acceptable? Also what about a jack? Will a spare tire even fit in the trunkwell?
SPARE TIRE is only an option ON THE V6. The spare tire will not fit over the brakes on the V8.

If your Camaro has 19" wheels, then you ordered a V6 (LS, 1LT, 2LT) so you can buy the spare tire. If you order it when you order your car, you do not get the air pump kit. You can order it afterwards through parts, and then you get both. (but the air pump kit is in the well in the trunk so you'd have to take that out of there to put the spare in)

-Brad

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Guys

Since I took delivery of my car on Wednesday I wonder what the parts department will charge for a spare kit? On the Challenger they wanted over $400.00.

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
Ask your dealer????
I doubt they will ream a brand new customer on a $150 option.
Probably $200 including delivery.
Options like that are usually much more after the fact. I would expect this spare tire kit to be no different. I'd get with one of the supporting dealers here to be sure :D

·
Registered
470 Posts
I was also asked if I wanted a spare when I ordered my 1SS. I said no.
That's because your dealer had no clue at the time. Which is why they now have an SGC option code that is forced on to all SS orders the makes it a specific line item, "SGC - Spare Tire and Wheel Not Desired", just to make sure dealers don't make that mistake.

-Brad

·
Registered
5 Posts
it must be like the SRT's on the Dodges, because of the Brembo's on the front, minimum rim size is 20". in the trunk of the SRT's is the little compressor and bottle green slime, tucked into a styrofoam spare tire so it fills the tire well space.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts