Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I was going over my order sheet, and I noticed it said "spare tire not desired". Now, of course, I didn't actually ask for one as I asumed it would be part of the car. Guess I was wrong. Can this be added to the car as a paid option? I would have thought that the 2SS would have came with something liek this as standard. I would really like one as I have had several flats on the highway befor.

Sean W

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Hi,

I was going over my order sheet, and I noticed it said "spare tire not desired". Now, of course, I didn't actually ask for one as I asumed it would be part of the car. Guess I was wrong. Can this be added to the car as a paid option? I would have thought that the 2SS would have came with something liek this as standard. I would really like one as I have had several flats on the highway befor.

Sean W
I assumed the car comes with a "donut" compact size spare, and that the option is probably a full size spare. Saying it's not recommended would make sense to me, if it would reduce the available space in the trunk.

My MB has a compact spare below the bed of the trunk that expands to full size after inflation -- something like that would be nice from GM.

·
Registered
117 Posts
The SS does not come with a spare of any kind. It will have a tire inflater kit. Reason being is because the spare tire would not fit over the brakes.

·
Banned
57 Posts
I have a small portable compressor in my car and a full size replacement in my garage. My spare is somewhere, but I'm not messing around with changing it on the side of the road. I have my cell for the times the tire gets so bad I can't fill it up. I need to renew my AAA.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
The tire sealant and inflator kit is standard on Camaro, all models.

N65 is the compact spare tire option available for LS and LT, but it is NOT available with SS as previously mentioned.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts