Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any true value in these? Or are they, basically for decoration? Is there any chance they retain heat vice protect from heat? Mine is a basic pleasure driver, at least for now.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
If you still have the stock manifolds in place they have metal heat shields already. Adding boot protectors won't really do much good. Boot protectors are really more for header installations where the clearances between the header and plug boot can be minimal and burn the boot....

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you still have the stock manifolds in place they have metal heat shields already. Adding boot protectors won't really do much good. Boot protectors are really more for header installations where the clearances between the header and plug boot can be minimal and burn the boot....
Got it ... hadn't even thought about that angle, was just thinking I had never really thought about having a problem before or of hearing of a problem from anyone around (other than one on here, which, iirc, had a very high performance engine and was having problems, but I didn't remember why). Still stock, but headers are on my list. Thanks.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Is there any true value in these? Or are they, basically for decoration? Is there any chance they retain heat vice protect from heat? Mine is a basic pleasure driver, at least for now.
They really work very well! I've had them on my truck for several years! Some of them touching the headers and they still work fine! Haven't had to install them on the L99 with headers! The wires have plenty room!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I bought a set for when I get around to my headers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts