Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please talk about the Speed Warning System? I haven't hear anything about and am curious to know what it is, how it works and if you use it.

Thank you.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I use it. I tend to have a lead foot and have got too many tickets. I set mine to 75mph and all it does is make a dinging sound when you go over that speed just to let you know. it doesn't limit your speed or anything, just lets you know you're over your preset limit.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome. I'll use that for sure. I'm not buying this car to ruin my driving record with whack speeding tickets so I'll probably do similar to you....75 ish.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Awesome. I'll use that for sure. I'm not buying this car to ruin my driving record with whack speeding tickets so I'll probably do similar to you....75 ish.
Yah, I also have been setting my cruise control even on city streets just to keep myself from speeding. I'm just trying to break that habit. I like the 75, because i can speed on the freeway a little without the annoying ding, but 75 is 10 over the speed limit which i assume is when you start really getting pulled over. it also displays a little warning on digital part of your gauges.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's seriously pimpy cuz when I test drove that car got going QUICK... So easy to get going 80 without even realizing it. Not like my 95 vette which would start shaking and rattling around 75.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Yah, I also have been setting my cruise control even on city streets just to keep myself from speeding. I'm just trying to break that habit. I like the 75, because i can speed on the freeway a little without the annoying ding, but 75 is 10 over the speed limit which i assume is when you start really getting pulled over. it also displays a little warning on digital part of your gauges.
ahhahahah oh thank you for posting that. i was really wondering if i was the only one that was using cruise control just to keep my speed in check

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have to use my cruise too,the day I picked her up at the dealers was driving home thought I was running 60-65...I was doing 85!!!

·
Registered
116 Posts
ahhahahah oh thank you for posting that. i was really wondering if i was the only one that was using cruise control just to keep my speed in check
Its just so hard so not speed in this car!! sometimes you're flying and don't even notice the speed. its not like my 94 or 99 camaro that would start shaking after 70MPH

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
Yea many times I've looked down on the highway and had that "oh **** I'm going 90" moment haha

I don't use the speed warning though.

·
Registered
116 Posts
How do you set it?
i dont remember exactly, but its pretty easy to figure out.
you use the button on your blinker control to get into the other options for your center LCD screen. Tire pressure, oil life..etc. then scroll to the speed warning and it will tell you how to se it from there.

·
Registered
220 Posts
The other day I noticed that you get a message flash up when you reach 155mph but in kmh, (248kmh)the message doesn't come up :confused:................

Perhaps metric is a weak point for GM :lol:

Before I get flamed for speeding, it was on a rolling road :rolleyes:

·
Registered
24 Posts
I haven't used it on mine, and yea, I've had one of those 90+mph moments myself. We have the most perfect speeding road just outside our shop (speed limit of 60) it's flat, smooth and wide open country.... it's so easy to go faster than intended. I'm seriously considering installing a Laser Jammer (which is legal here in Texas) since my drive to the shop is outside of city limits getting caught speeding by a county sheriff is no fun.

·
Registered
260 Posts
i keep mine at 55 mph and usually its my passenger that asks whats that dinging? pisser is after youre going about 10 or more over where you set it at it doesnt ring anymore. im glad its there as it has slowed me down many times.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts