Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey gang,

I have been wanting to get a new stroker engine into my car. Should I buy a L92 stroker 416-427 ci or should I go bigger? I'm thinking LSX or Warhawk. I'll have to dig a little deeper into my pockets, but If I'm spending the money shouldn't I just go all out?

The sanity in me says I could go mild on this build for my current ride (L92) and have the cash to go with something like a twin turbo setup on the 5th Gen.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Hey gang,

I have been wanting to get a new stroker engine into my car. Should I buy a L92 stroker 416-427 ci or should I go bigger? I'm thinking LSX or Warhawk. I'll have to dig a little deeper into my pockets, but If I'm spending the money shouldn't I just go all out?

The sanity in me says I could go mild on this build for my current ride (L92) and have the cash to go with something like a twin turbo setup on the 5th Gen.

Would you be keeping this car when you get the 5th Gen?

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Would you be keeping this car when you get the 5th Gen?

I'll probably be keeping my GTO as a daily street thumper. It is a fairly rare color and only 261 were built with a 6 speed. I'm wanting to wake it up a little.

When the new Camaro comes out I want to have some reserve cash for some mods and probably a Twin Turbo setup from APS.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Nice GTO..... never see them in canada..... im always checking on how much they go for and no-body has them for sale. :(

·
Supporting Super Moderator
2,416 Posts
I say do it. The only thing you may have to watch is that rear.

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
The drive shaft will probably go first. Then the axles. There are beefed up replacements I'll probably have to throw in. The clutch won't last long either.

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
Depends n what HP numbers you are lookig for. 1k Should be good with the L92 stroker anything over that Warhawk or LSX. With the Twins the CI will be a little less of an issue than # of boost. What kit is that BTW?

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
The photos I posted are of an APS TT setup for a GTO. I contacted APS and told them when they get a package ready for the 5th gen they could put my name down for one of the first kits.

They offer a very clean package.

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
Whats their webite I want to see if they have a clean 4th gen setup.

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
They currently don't have a 4th gen set up that I saw on the site.
Since I don't see a sponsor selling turbo/superchargers I hope it's ok to post

Hope to see these guys as sponsors here when they get a 5th gen package or shops selling their products.
http://www.airpowersystems.com.au/products_usa.html

Exotic Performance Plus in Indiana installed one on a 06 GTO and was only 4 hp off from their advertised RWHP of 545hp with only 6.8 lbs of boost. Just think what a purpose built engine with 12-15psi could do.

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
I'll eventually get the twins. But my only prob is I'm not willing to sacrifice the AC to get them. Incon used to have a clean kit but I just haven't seen many out there especially prefbbed kits.

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've been checking out the LSX build in the latest issue of Super Chevy.

Good stuff. Just have to decide and get on with it. LOL

·
8,984 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
...How much would a TT setup cost???

The APS does go for around $8k. The have a special right now on GTO models ( clearing off the shelves? ) for around $6k. I'm temped at that price.

I contacted APS again today. They were out testing a TT F-body. I requested some more info and some pics. I'll post them up when/if they respond. They commented on having a 5th gen kit ready for sale by the middle of 09.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts