1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Supporting Super Moderator
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

http://www.caranddriver.com/carnews/13665/spied-2009-ford-mustang.html

"

Spied: 2009 Ford Mustang - Car News
Reworked Mustang hides black eyes and a new nose under heavy bandages.

BY JARED GALL, PHOTOGRAPHY BY BRENDA PRIDDY & CO. August 2007

With the Chevrolet Camaro and the Dodge Challenger getting ready to hit the road and showrooms, Ford is working up a facelift for the Mustang to keep it from appearing the old man of the group. Although nothing is visible beneath the thickly padded bra seen in this latest spy shot, expect that the 2009 update will include some interpretation of the flattened, sharpened nose sported by the Giugiaro Mustang concept shown at last year’s L.A. auto show.

Under the reshaped hood we look forward to Ford’s newest V-8, its upcoming “Boss” modular engine family. While details on the upcoming engine are scarce, we believe it will begin by trumping Dodge’s 6.1-liter Hemi with a displacement of 6.2 liters. While the engine is also destined for trucks, Ford couldn’t name an engine Boss and then keep it from the Mustang. We expect displacement for the Mustang in the 5.0-liter range.

And it wouldn’t meet the affordability criteria without a V-6 or two. Ford has adopted a strategy whereby Blue Oval models get the new 3.5-liter Duratec V-6 and Lincolns are to be differentiated with a 3.7-liter. We expect the Mustang is a candidate for either, as well as the 3.7-liter Twin Force V-6, which has twin-turbochargers and direct-injection gasoline-engine technology, and is expected to bow in 2010, likely in the second model year of the Lincoln MKS sedan."

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I think the facelift will probably copy that Italian designers take on the Mustang a little bit. Not too much though. Ford isn't exactly good at their updating existing cars IMO.Hmmm.. twin turbo 6 in a Stang. I'd be a little apprehensive about a first year boosted Ford. Yeah, the old Cosworths were sick but that was a Cosworth. Not really too Ford-y.

Sooooo, does this mean Barricade's getting a facelift in the second Transformers too?

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
I didnt like that italian interpretation. ugly IMO so if they came close to it then blah they can keep it. Hmm "Boss" ya say? if it bows with a "Boss" motor I think you can kiss the L76 gbye because theres no way in hell GM will let the pony outpower them (I Hope).

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Yah, I didn't care much for the italian design, either. It was too...european.
I rank america's manufacturers from 1-3..1 being GM..2 being Ford..3 being Dodge.
Ford has more fuel efficient(for the power) engines than Dodge, and are cheaper, but have bland styling.
Dodge looks good, but lacks power(if you want anything vaguely resembling fuel efficiency) and are insanely overpriced.
GM is just totally badass.
That is all.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Supporting Super Moderator
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe with some info on the Mustang powerplant we might get some info from GM on the Camaro powerplant.

·
Dark Side Moderator
2,665 Posts
As resident mustang traitor, I hex ford.

-"Hurricane" 6.2 program is slamming on the brakes.

-That SOHC 5.0 is the mostly likely candidate. See info on Parnelli Jones/Saleen mustang and think less aggresive. Comparable to L76, but no chance versus LS3. Aftermarket will have to speed up like for the HEMI for Dodge, but will be a big market like always.

That hurricane was rumored to be R&D for an all aluminum pushrod 6.2 engine to replace the V10 and hopefully be something to give the mustang some balls. But I have lost hope for ford's performance and betting on a pita to work on 5.0L SOHC.

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
Looks terrible with all that black cladding on the front end!:lol:
Which brings up another point:

Don't put bras on your new Camaros. It doesn't need the support and it'll never sag.

Seriously, "Bras" are only to be used when traveling further distances than normal, or if you know the road is going to be gravelly.

·
Dark Side Moderator
2,665 Posts
invest into Invis-a-bra. expensive but nice, without that horrible look.

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
invest into Invis-a-bra. expensive but nice, without that horrible look.
I love those. I was actually thinking about that. I wanted some of that for my S-10, but I didn't have a garage, and I'd heard if your car was going to be stored outside, it's not a good idea to use that stuff and I'd need to replace it probably twice a year.

·
Dark Side Moderator
2,665 Posts
I know a guy who had a yellow car and never garaged. $1000 for the whole front end. 2 years still the same film on the car and no yellowing or anything. It was hard to see it on. But in Phoenix, I dont know if it would be duplicated. I would have to think about it on the 5th gen that Ill get.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts