Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Volkswagen is developing a compact pickup that will be launched in late 2009 for European and South American markets. But VW CEO Martin Winterkorn said in an interview last week that he doesn't rule out bringing the truck to the U.S.

More...

·
Premium Member
2,774 Posts
VW and pick up truck do not sound right?

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Yes, that looks very "toyota tacoma-ish". I guess if you tried once and failed (VW Rabbit "pickup") then copy the japanese. GFL Volkswagen. I suggest you don't try to market that rig here, it's already a "no vacancy". What the hell is next, a Hyundai pickup? Hell, why not a Kia pickup. What a freakin joke. Maybe VW can hire some ironworker look-alike from hollywood with a gravely voice to hawk the new VW truck to all the redneck bluecollar workers out there .....oh, nevermind toyota has already done that. Morons.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Yes, that looks very "toyota tacoma-ish". I guess if you tried once and failed (VW Rabbit "pickup") then copy the japanese. GFL Volkswagen. I suggest you don't try to market that rig here, it's already a "no vacancy". What the hell is next, a Hyundai pickup? Hell, why not a Kia pickup. What a freakin joke. Maybe VW can hire some ironworker look-alike from hollywood with a gravely voice to hawk the new VW truck to all the redneck bluecollar workers out there .....oh, nevermind toyota has already done that. Morons.
:rotflmao: I love reading your posts, LT.

If you guys look towards the bottom of that page, you'll see that it is a pickup truck derived from the Toyota HI LUX, which I guess is a version of the Tacoma in Latin America.

BTW, take a look at the side view of that thing. Looks like complete crap.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
BTW, take a look at the side view of that thing. Looks like complete crap.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, now that I took a second look, the plastic flares are missing, leaving the hideous tin-can bodywork around the wheelwells exposed. Nice work VW. I also forgot that toyota still uses the hilux name overseas. That's what they used to call the rustbucket they sold over here in the 1970's. No wonder they dropped that nameplate here in the USA...should have called it the Hi-RUST!!!!:rotflmao:

·
Registered
544 Posts
No wonder they dropped that nameplate here in the USA...should have called it the Hi-RUST!!!!:rotflmao:[/QUOTE]

:lol: Yeah, that would definitely be a fitting name for them.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
LT1, you forgot Suzuki pickup. :D lol. I'm still trying to figure out why Suzuki sells cars in the states. Every time I see one I think, there goes another tinker toy.

It's kind of funny though when a German automaker who's cars are infamously unreliable, goes into cahoots with a Japanese automaker who's trucks are becoming infamously problematic. It almost sounds like justice is prevailing.

Long live the Silverado and may it rule the roads 4EVAH! lol.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
LT1, you forgot Suzuki pickup. :D lol. I'm still trying to figure out why Suzuki sells cars in the states. Every time I see one I think, there goes another tinker toy.

It's kind of funny though when a German automaker who's cars are infamously unreliable, goes into cahoots with a Japanese automaker who's trucks are becoming infamously problematic. It almost sounds like justice is prevailing.

Long live the Silverado and may it rule the roads 4EVAH! lol.
Oh, you are right, I did forget the suzuki pickup. Prolly cuz suzuki and pickup are 2 words that should not be joined together! kinda like kia and quality....:confused:

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Oh, you are right, I did forget the suzuki pickup. Prolly cuz suzuki and pickup are 2 words that should not be joined together! kinda like kia and quality....:confused:
LMAO. Fantastic. Every time I see a Suzuki car on the road, I have to fight the urge to bump it with what ever I'm driving. I can imagine it's miniscule butt careening across the highway into bushes and flipping over on a pebble, all four (or three, I'm not too sure) hamster screaming in agony or shock.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts