Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the one with 5 grand down said yes we are taking orders but not sure on msrp until they feel out the market when the cars hit. might charge me more but would return deposit. the other dealer was real small said he was only getting one at first and the car was sold to a rich guy who stores them at his house. 3rd dealer said no orders are being taking so they can test out the market and charge more because they love money.

the 3 dealers i like the most were closed so i will found out their deal and post at a later date.

·
Registered
71 Posts
This is why I am waiting probably till summer of 2010 to get a SS unless they say there making a Z-28 then I'll wait for that. I hate waiting but I know dealers are going to rape the first people that buy these great cars. In a couple of years you probably get them for under MSRP like most GM stuff.
I would never pay MSRP for a GM or pay a stupid dealer extra just because he so nice to sell me car.. :thefinger:

·
Registered
318 Posts
This is why I am waiting probably till summer of 2010 to get a SS unless they say there making a Z-28 then I'll wait for that. I hate waiting but I know dealers are going to rape the first people that buy these great cars. In a couple of years you probably get them for under MSRP like most GM stuff.
I would never pay MSRP for a GM or pay a stupid dealer extra just because he so nice to sell me car.. :thefinger:
Don't worry, I am right there with you...and many follow

I have a Dodge and Ford dealership right down the street and both stack prices on new vehicles. When the GT500 first came out it was pushing 60+ and the challenger at 50+...as much as I wish Chevy dealers would get some pride...a majority in my area will stack at LEAST 5k...It will be tough, but Ill have to play the waiting game until probably June or so..

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Most dealers I've found are charging MSRP...If you really want one now, you just gotta call around and find those dealers, or order from a non-local dealer if you can't. OK, if you wait a year or 2, sure you'll get them at less than MSRP (maybe you'll save a couple grand), but the MSRP might also be higher at that point.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Most dealers I've found are charging MSRP...If you really want one now, you just gotta call around and find those dealers, or order from a non-local dealer if you can't. OK, if you wait a year or 2, sure you'll get them at less than MSRP (maybe you'll save a couple grand), but the MSRP might also be higher at that point.
Wait - Do not pay MSRP!
I will be able to get the Camaro for invoice 6 month to a year later.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Or you could wait a few months and buy a demo from a dealer as they have to let them go at 5,000 miles which won't take long if it rides like they say it does.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I called the other 2 dealers out of the 3 that are near my house. The 1st dealer said they are charging 2500 hundred extra for the v6 and 5000 extra for the v8 as he was talking i told him the stock market just fell another 700 points. I said no thanks i thought msrp was plenty and i would be shopping around .
He said if more people won't pay extra then they will have to drop their prices.Called the other dealer he said msrp was what they will be selling the cars for i said cool be in sat to order.

Oh and the dealer with the markup had no orders placed so far. GOOD

·
Registered
81 Posts
Wait - Do not pay MSRP!
I will be able to get the Camaro for invoice 6 month to a year later.
The most precious commodity is time, not money. The wife of a guy at work died yesterday, in her mid-forties.

Life is short. Go ahead and wait if you want.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
The most precious commodity is time, not money. The wife of a guy at work died yesterday, in her mid-forties.

Life is short. Go ahead and wait if you want.
exactly, I've waited enough...it's only money, what are you gonna save, a grand, maybe 2? And besides, the msrp might go up in a year, so that'll even out the difference.

·
Registered
71 Posts
exactly, I've waited enough...it's only money, what are you gonna save, a grand, maybe 2? And besides, the msrp might go up in a year, so that'll even out the difference.
The only way MSRP is going up is if they add some new options, lets be realistic, and GM never gets there crap right on the first try. I've learned many times. Look how much better the 08 vette is compared to 05.
I know it will really suck at first, watching the new one drive by as they come out this spring but one more year won't kill me...I hope :rotflmao:

·
Registered
157 Posts
im with jimmy, not being able to get one with everyone else is like people getting 2 hours extra to do the SAT while you are hanging upside down being beat by ceiling cat....*shivers*

but hold strong with me jimmy, we'll get em both at the same time in 09 ;)

·
Registered
71 Posts
im with jimmy, not being able to get one with everyone else is like people getting 2 hours extra to do the SAT while you are hanging upside down being beat by ceiling cat....*shivers*

but hold strong with me jimmy, we'll get em both at the same time in 09 ;)
:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Here's good one called that last dealer, i think this guys smoke crack when their not selling cars. Anyways this salesmen says they sold 3 camaro and every one of the deposit was 20,000 dollars.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Here's good one called that last dealer, i think this guys smoke crack when their not selling cars. Anyways this salesmen says they sold 3 camaro and every one of the deposit was 20,000 dollars.
I'd say that dealer was in some financial trouble and was trying to raise quick cash...I wouldn't trust them with my $$.:confused:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys, if you are in so cal. Bob Baker Chevy in El Cajon (San Diego) has an alottment of 7, I believe. I just ordered last week and was number 2. MSRP in writing and a $500 deposit. Talk with Andy and Dan. They are an old school dealer, which looks like a good thing in this case.:D:D:D

·
Registered
1 Posts
Early adopters

Hey look, being first on the block with the newest thing is not all that great when you're likely to end up with a lemon. It usually takes GM three years to work the bugs with a new model. If reliablity means anything to you you'd be better waiting for the 2012 model which by then we should see the new Z/28 with the 556 hp V8 from the CorvetteZR-1 and Cadillac CTS-V. However, like you, I don't want to wait that long either. The SS is enough for me but I'm going to wait to the fall when the hype dies down and the build quality is better. To all you early adopters --good luck!

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Hey look, being first on the block with the newest thing is not all that great when you're likely to end up with a lemon. It usually takes GM three years to work the bugs with a new model. If reliablity means anything to you you'd be better waiting for the 2012 model which by then we should see the new Z/28 with the 556 hp V8 from the CorvetteZR-1 and Cadillac CTS-V. However, like you, I don't want to wait that long either. The SS is enough for me but I'm going to wait to the fall when the hype dies down and the build quality is better. To all you early adopters --good luck!
welcome to the site.

But I have to disagree...If buying a 2010 Camaro means you'll likely have a lemon, it wont matter because by 2012 the camaro and GM will likely be gone. Sure, maybe 1st model years MIGHT have a few bugs (BUT, I think that's more in the past)...It's not like you're gonna pull out of the dealer and your wheel is gonna fall off...and that's why we have warranties.

If you REALLY want to wait, don't try and make use who've already ordered look stupid...and check your facts, the ZR-1 and CTS-V don't have the same engines or HP. If the Z/28 did come with the ZR-1 engine, most of us wont be able to afford it anyway.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts