Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...about 30 minutes ago, headed north on Highway 1 towards Morro Bay. My guess is that they're headed to the Monterey area for the evening. Keep your eyes open if you live along the central coast.

It took me a second to confirm it in my mind. By the time I figured out it was a new Camaro, it was gone. My cell takes crappy photos anyway.

Black, very shiny, long whip antennas...

:drool:

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome!

Grab a camera and get back on the road!!! :D
First instinct was to turn around and take chase, then I realized that I was in my ranch truck. That and my cell takes crap photos.

I'm going to see if I can fit in some recon tonight.

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
Sweet, I wish I could see one.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I decided to drive through Morro Bay this morning on the off chance that I could spot the Camaro in a hotel parking lot. No dice.

Looks like I missed my chance to get some photos but it's nice to know the Camaro is out and about in California.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Saw one too

Tuesday July 8th, 2008 about 12:30 PM. Southbound 405 in Van Nuys, CA. An orange with dual black stripes hard top coupe. Actually, I heard it first, took me a minute to wrap my arms around what it was. It got off the freeway at Burbank Blvd and was gone........ Sure was pretty though.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I made a thread a while ago, maybe a month where my brothers friend said he saw one on either the 110 or 405, but my brother couldn't remember which freeway his friend mentioned.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Tuesday July 8th, 2008 about 12:30 PM. Southbound 405 in Van Nuys, CA. An orange with dual black stripes hard top coupe. Actually, I heard it first, took me a minute to wrap my arms around what it was. It got off the freeway at Burbank Blvd and was gone........ Sure was pretty though.
sounds like another challenger mix up....it got me too.

·
Registered
318 Posts
orange with black stripes sounds like the SRT-8 Challengers running around. Dodge shat their brick before Chevrolet could beat them to the punch. :[

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Couple of people have told me they've seen a Challenger here! In Wichita!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Challenger definately here

I can confirm the delivery of one Hemi Orange SRT8 Challenger here in Longmont Colorado.

Saw it on the car carrier Monday, June 30th, and chased it to the Dodge dealer, where they quickly rolled it in for prep. (and rudely shoo'd me away)

Also, here at my work, a guy has one on order, prepaid. They are telling him delivery is expected at end of August.

P.S. Have you seen the "Big Daddy" Don Garlits commercial announcing the 2009 Challenger with the "Drag Pack" option? Saw it twice on ESPN2 during the NHRA coverage last Sunday.

I'm hopeful Chevy will step up and make a supercharged engine option available. (The Challenger is cool, but I needs my Camaro):patriot:

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
I saw two 2009 SRT Challengers at the local Dodge Stealership. One silver, the other orange....both with hand written notes stating a market adjustment of $20K! I like the Magnums (obviously) but just don't get that warm fuzzy feeling with the Challengers.:confused:

·
Premium Member
2,774 Posts
WHAT MARKET ADJUSTMENT!!!

Where is this market that people are lining up around the doors for every car they make to make a statement like this. There is not..

How bout just be honest..Dealer GREED Adjustment..

but hey they are car sales guys..they lie..

1 - 20 of 21 Posts