Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Dark Side Moderator
2,665 Posts
just did a cross check. That looks oddly like the new ford falcon with a different front end and extended quarter (as compared between holdens commadore and statesman). Hmm.

·
2,774 Posts
Dont get your hopes up...it may look like the Falcon but thats it..the Falcon down in australia was only built for right hand drive...the way its designed it can not be switched to LHD like the holdens..

·
Supporting Super Moderator
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
2,774 Posts
The new one can be RHD or LHD and Ford just said they renewed there decision to bring it here.

http://www.5thgen.org/forum/showthread.php?t=5768
Right here my friend :D

He added that Ford Australia was also looking to the FG Falcon for more export opportunities, even without the approval of a LHD program.

“Right now we have no capability to drive a left-hand drive car, however that ultimately doesn’t mean that we couldn’t export,” he said.

“There are still some right-hand drive markets around the world that we could potentially export to.”

Now that does not mean that they will not make it more falconized so that when the changes on the Falcon are made..around 2011 that they will export them here. Thats about 2 years away from a production standpoint.
Fords just putting the face on this platform right now..the Falcon might come here as its own car..and this is the new face of Ford??

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
better than the old face,:lol:

·
Dark Side Moderator
2,665 Posts
Food for thought:

-No capacity LHD for RIGHT NOW, that can change with one man word
-They need a civilian RWD sedan
-GM couldnt make a new RHD CTS-V with the current config, but they got alternative to make it happen whether they use a different engine or whatever. The Ford Falcon uses I6s, im sure we will be getting V6s and run of the mill 4.6 3Vs; this may be a factor in LHD development as it was vice versa in aussie version of the CTS-V.
-This may be the look of the falcon for the states, but for crash standard reasons. If they are exploring US safety protocols, then LHD development is prolly on the agenda if this is a Falcon.

I think the publisher of the spy pic is randomly guessing like the the announcer with doing in the Camaro at the 'ring video. See more of the falcon in this car than a Taurus. Plus, this must be the fastest and most facelifts ford ever done for one car in the last ten years if this is a taurus. They just facelifted the 500 to a taurus. I doubt they would keep scraping for mercy to a once bread-n-butter name like taurus when it has proven futile since the 500. Ford needs a V6/V8 RWD car that can be successful to the masses. The Crown Vic is commercial only now and is an old design and the Charger/300C, G8, Genesis, 5-series, and etc are coming on strong. So Ford needs a Falcon.
But then again Im guessing like the publisher, but I think my guess is more appealing, logical (why another FWD sedan when they have Fusion that sells better already?), and more believable (to me at least).

·
Dark Side Moderator
2,665 Posts
Ford Falcon

Current Taurus

Similarities: high bodyline is above door handles.

Differences: rear quarter to roofline is further back than on the taurus, roof height is lower on the falcon (giving it a more aggressive look).

Ok, the similarities between the two can be made pointless in the case of a facelift. The differences, however, are something that comes with a platform and normally stuff that doesnt change with a facelift because its structural and less about cosmetic.

Here how I see a falcon in this:

-A-pillar starts a few inches above the lateral line from the side windows like on the Falcon. (taurus's a-pillar is starts at the lateral window line)
-Roofline tappers similar if not the same as in falcon
-the rear quarter to roofline to basically the same (sheetmetal bulk can disguise the height, but not how far back the rear window goes.) this leads me the believe the car has a smaller deck lid than the taurus and more like the falcon.
-This pointless though (because it more cosmetic and can be changed easy), the wheels look to be straight off of one of the falcon models. Maybe, I little hint. lol.

The truth will be told when someone gets the balls to take a pic of under the car. lol.

Another possibility is that this could be the Ford Mondeo for the states.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts