Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can somebody please explain with reference to our 5th gen. ?

·
Registered
149 Posts
More than likely the differences will be things like:

Cloth or Leather
Basic or Boston Acoustics sound system
The existence of USB and Aux ports
Does it have the Interior lighting system
Does it have the 4 gauge console pack

The survey that was posted a while ago made it seem like a lot of options would be available separately. I don't think that is going to be the case. I would bet your options will be color, transmission, convertible, sunroof, RS package, and the 1 or 2 trim level (or LS) and that's it.

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
It's going to be pretty annoying if they lump all that in a trim level. Your choice of radio doesn't depend on your choice of seat material. I can understand 1SS with no upgrades, and 2SS with all upgrades, as long as you can pick/choose options as well. It sure would be nice if they would go ahead and release the trim levels, without pricing of course.

·
Registered
357 Posts
i think that is only available as part of the rs pack sorry
Back in the day, I guess you could order any option available for that model. Correct me if I'm wrong, if you want certain options on your Camaro, you have to buy that trim level. I can't order the lowest priced Camaro available and have them install HUD at the factory or dealership.

Somebody shoot me some feedback on this, thanks!

SF
Rick

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
Back in the day, I guess you could order any option available for that model. Correct me if I'm wrong, if you want certain options on your Camaro, you have to buy that trim level. I can't order the lowest priced Camaro available and have them install HUD at the factory or dealership.

Somebody shoot me some feedback on this, thanks!

SF
Rick
I'm sure it could be done, but at a premium price.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Each option package has "certain" perks with it, you can't get the "what I want to pick" option anymore. They want to make it simple on the assemblers.

Camaros have always had quite a few different packages to choose from. And some "small" simple stuff you could add to your option list. I'm sure its gonna remain that way.

look this list over from an IROC I ordered in '87: Sure would be nice IF you could get ALL this today at these prices!

·
Registered
82 Posts

Cloth or Leather

The survey that was posted a while ago made it seem like a lot of options would be available separately. I don't think that is going to be the case. I would bet your options will be color, transmission, convertible, sunroof, RS package, and the 1 or 2 trim level (or LS) and that's it.
wpw...i didn't know that there would be a 1lt and 2lt...that definitely indicates very few option choices in each select trim level...this is how manufacuring costs are kept down...i agree there won't be many individual option choices on the order sheet.

jackg
06 sts6

·
Registered
357 Posts
Each option package has "certain" perks with it, you can't get the "what I want to pick" option anymore. They want to make it simple on the assemblers.

Camaros have always had quite a few different packages to choose from. And some "small" simple stuff you could add to your option list. I'm sure its gonna remain that way.

look this list over from an IROC I ordered in '87: Sure would be nice IF you could get ALL this today at these prices!

****, huge difference between "MSRP" & "Inv Amt" :eek:

SF
Rick

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'm bummed about having to buy a "package" to get body color raingutter covers. I mean COME ON GM!!! Black raingutter covers standard. Remember the 80's with those cheezie black plastic bumpers. Looked like the car was assembled on a Fri. @ 4:30 pm. "Sorry, no time to paint the bumpers. Got to go to HAPPY HOUR.

·
8,984 Posts
What about interior color.

I have yet to see anything on color and OFCOURSE, I searched!

·
Registered
108 Posts

Cloth or Leather

You're on the right track...
1SS is the basic V8 with cloth seats and the basic level of SS equipment (Brembos, oil & tranny cooler, LSD, leather wheel and shift knob, p/driver seat and all SS styling cues.
The 2SS includes leather/heated seats/ambient lighting pkg., Boston Acoustics Stereo, console gauges, leather steering wheel w/controls, bluetooth/USB, remote start (on auto).
I may be forgetting 1 or 2 things or certain features that could have later availability.

Best regardSS,

Elie

·
Registered
897 Posts
The interior will come in 4 colors.

Jet Black

Titanium Grey

Neutral(Brown)

Infereno orange center inserts with Interior Accent pkg, with Inferno lighting, and orange stitching all over the interior.
Sweet, where'd you find this at?

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
You're on the right track...
1SS is the basic V8 with cloth seats and the basic level of SS equipment (Brembos, oil & tranny cooler, LSD, leather wheel and shift knob, p/driver seat and all SS styling cues.
The 2SS includes leather/heated seats/ambient lighting pkg., Boston Acoustics Stereo, console gauges, leather steering wheel w/controls, bluetooth/USB, remote start (on auto).
I may be forgetting 1 or 2 things or certain features that could have later availability.

Best regardSS,

Elie
Great info, Elie! Rep points for you, brother!;)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.