Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
xxSkullZxx
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have owned my Camaro 2LS since last May and absolutely love it. But sometimes when I get up next to a SS or even a LT with the R/S package, I cant help but feel like the person in that car looks at me and is saying.."get a real Camaro buddy"! What is the general consensus of the LS Camaro?

·
Registered
529 Posts
There are LS LT SS 1LE & ZL1 for different reasons. They are choices. You chose your 2LS for whatever reasons you had.

Preference. Affordability. Whatever.

There will always be another car out there that has more luxuries, more performance, more economical and/or better looks.

Just be happy with the car that you have.

If you feel that need a different car to hold up to other people's opinions, then turn over your keys and just ride a bus. JK.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I have owned my Camaro 2LS since last May and absolutely love it. But sometimes when I get up next to a SS or even a LT with the R/S package, I cant help but feel like the person in that car looks at me and is saying.."get a real Camaro buddy"! What is the general consensus of the LS Camaro?
I don't think they are thinking that. I actually considered buying a V6...but then I got a better deal on the SS I have. And even if not for the deal I personally knew that I would have had an inferiority complex as soon as an SS pulled up. But now that I have an SS, I don't feel superior to any V6 out there. Heck I LOVE when another Camaro, V6 OR V8, pulls up next to me. And I'll drive normal or give it some gas regardless!! Because it's fun!! And it looks cool as hell when 2 Camaros are driving side by side!!

I personally think that all trim packages exist for a specific reason and I like them all. I even like the LS rims...they look badass to me, as I stated in another thread!! In fact, the LS is probably the way to go if you plan on serious exterior and performance mods. I mean why buy the optioned out model just to buy new rims, a body kit, an exhaust, a sound system, and then twin turb that ***** (excuse my language, lol!!) ??!! And look at it this way, some people simply like the body style. Some people want a 2 door car that is sporty and moderately fast with good gas mileage. This is who the LS targets. Because if it weren't for the LS, those people would buy a stripped down 2 door Altima. So Chevy and Ford and Dodge made a way to get this cool body style without all the extras at a competitive price. And look at it this way, my SS sucks up around $60 a week in gas. That comes out to $240/month. And I work 3 nights a week with approx a 15 mile commute. Outside of that I drive 6 miles round trip to my gym every day. If I had a family or worked 60 miles away then I would be nuts to keep this car, lol!!

So in my opinion, the LS is a great package. And even among the SS guys the 2SS/RS LS3 guys look down at the 1SS L99 guys. And someone with a 2013 2SS/RS convertible can look down at my 2010 2SS/RS LS3. And even if you did have an LT/RS or an SS of any year, the GT-500 and ZL-1 and Vette guys would look down at you. And the ZR-1, Viper, GT-R, Lambo, Ferrari guys look down at them. There is always something bigger, better, and badder...

·
Registered
94 Posts
Well the good news is, you can always look down on a Genesis. But seriously, Own the vehicle you drive. I drive out of my way sometimes just so I can drive my car that much more. I wash it a retarded number of times because whenever it stops raining here it gets washed so for the 1 day its sunny it'll look nice. And for anyone who looks down at you for the vehicle you own. You paid for the car not them. To hell what anyone else thinks. Unless you own a civic. Or the fore mentioned Genesis.

·
Premium Member
4,383 Posts
I love to see any Camaro's on the road, and love to give them the high five for a great choice in cars no matter what level they chose for any reason. They are all part of the Camaro fever craze!

·
Registered
257 Posts
I've noticed that the guys driving the 6s are the ones usually avoiding eye contact. I've even been right next to them at red lights and they stare the other way, especially if theyve got a girlfriend/wife in the car.
Only 1 exception was a guy with a rare around here fellow green colored 2010 6 pulled up and made a big deal that there were the 2 of us green guys next to each other.
All in all it seems around here anyway (NE Ohio) the black guys are more enthusiastic about their rides than us whiteys and always get a thumbs up no matter what theyre driving.

·
Registered
474 Posts
The only experience I have had like this was when I took Baby to her first cruise night. I was parked next to another 2SS/RS in IOM and a guy came in with a Black 2SS/RS. He acted like he had the perfect car. He had such a case of head in butt disease it was rediculous. Even though we all had the same car, he thought he was superior just because his car was black!!! Other than that it's all been good!

·
Registered
73 Posts
not at all...

You have a REAL Camaro....

now... if you were driving a Mustang things may be different:lol:

·
Livin' the dream!
573 Posts
Why have Camaro Envy? A Camaro is a Camaro no matter what engine or options.

I have an '11 2SS/RS and a '12 2LS and I have no problems or envy when driving my 2LS or even putting it in car shows.

Drive it and be proud!!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
257 Posts
We are all Camaro brothers and sisters, no matter the model or options!!
Family is family!!
I get loads of compliments on my V6.
WRONG, back when I was 18 and had a 60 Vette with the 283/230 horse 3 speed and had a buddy with a 67 427/435 that he let me drive whenever he wasnt using it, I Knew mine wasnt any way related to the Real Thing.

·
Livin' the dream!
573 Posts
WRONG, back when I was 18 and had a 60 Vette with the 283/230 horse 3 speed and had a buddy with a 67 427/435 that he let me drive whenever he wasnt using it, I Knew mine wasnt any way related to the Real Thing.
Boy, someone missed their nap.

·
xxSkullZxx
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the input guys. I love my car and I also will take longer ways to get places just to drive some more. As much as I would love to have an SS, it just isnt in my budget. Plus 323 HP in a 6 is pretty nice. I will feel really good when I get my new wheels. I love the look of the IOM with the all Black bowties and Black side vents. Adding in new all Black rims will make this car look pretty sick.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Thanks for the input guys. I love my car and I also will take longer ways to get places just to drive some more. As much as I would love to have an SS, it just isnt in my budget. Plus 323 HP in a 6 is pretty nice. I will feel really good when I get my new wheels. I love the look of the IOM with the all Black bowties and Black side vents. Adding in new all Black rims will make this car look pretty sick.
You've had your car since May 2012? What year is yours? You could always see what the value of your car is, then check to see what you owe on it. If you aren't upside down then you could try to do a trade in on a 2010 SS...or even an 11 SS. There are a lot of used 2010 SS Camaros out there in the mid to upper 20s last I checked a few months ago...even with low miles. I got mine last March with 10,700 miles for $26,700. So the prices should be lower now. And this is the time to buy around the Tri-State area. Because a lot of these dealers have probably been sitting on them since before Sandy. And with all the bad weather we have and are still having, these cars are probably gonna sit a bit longer. I'm thinking it's a buyers market right now. What do you guys think? Sound like a good idea?

·
xxSkullZxx
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
You've had your car since May 2012? What year is yours? You could always see what the value of your car is, then check to see what you owe on it. If you aren't upside down then you could try to do a trade in on a 2010 SS...or even an 11 SS. There are a lot of used 2010 SS Camaros out there in the mid to upper 20s last I checked a few months ago...even with low miles. I got mine last March with 10,700 miles for $26,700. So the prices should be lower now. And this is the time to buy around the Tri-State area. Because a lot of these dealers have probably been sitting on them since before Sandy. And with all the bad weather we have and are still having, these cars are probably gonna sit a bit longer. I'm thinking it's a buyers market right now. What do you guys think? Sound like a good idea?
Its a 2012. Already racked up 17,000 miles. I drive 80 miles a day round trip to work. I have actually though about that same scenario. I live in KC and there have been quite a few 2010-2011 1 and 2SS's for sale of late in the $24,000-$27,000.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Ever since I've have had my car, doesn't matter what I'm driving I am always looking for Camaro's on the highway. I think right now they are the sharpest car on the road and I thought that before I got mine. To me, doesn't matter what the badge says your car is as :cool: as anyones. I also have a guy in the area that says the only color you put on cars is black. Whatever, I think my Rally Yellow is BA.

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
I think Chapel had a very good rundown ... there are different reasons for every person ... I was originally thinking 1SS/no RS and slowly evolved to maybe 1SS/RS and then 2SS/RS and then I was thinking 2013 but I bought a 2012 because they had exactly what I wanted on the lot on the particular day I was looking ... I am glad I did but there were a variety of reasons. I love seeing other Camaros on the road because there do not seem to be too many around here. Unfortunately, because mine is not a daily driver, I am not typically sitting in mine :(. If I see one parked, I kind of take a look at it. Though it is easy to tell a ZL1 from a SS from a LT/LS, I am spending more time trying to figure out the subtle differences between the years.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts