Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what the actual top speed of the SS is, not the estimated top speed. This may have been covered, but I'm not on that much to catch everything. The SS does cut out at 155 doesn't it? So has anyone had that restriction removed and actually gone flat out? I would really like to know!:D

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just to mention a little more, I have been over 170 with some of the sport bikes I have had over the years and hope to top that.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
My question would be WHY would you want to go over the limiter? You would likely need to get your tires swapped. There's a reason for the limiter. The tire ratings.

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
...and WHERE could you find enough track?

·
8,984 Posts
1,000,000 mph

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
governed at 155. mine has been re tuned to top out at 195. havent gone it, but hope to some day.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
So has anyone had that restriction removed and actually gone flat out? I would really like to know!:D
My question would be WHY would you want to go over the limiter?
Unless you are going to be a serious racer and try to break land speed records for the 2010 Camaro, belive me you will hardly ever need to know about the 155 fuel cut off. Oh, and a word to the wise, if you do go and get it tuned, remove the limiter & find out, make sure it is on a track or keep it to your self. I posted 145 mph speed thread (http://www.moderncamaro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17391&highlight=145mph) and (with good reason) got kicked around a bit for doing it. There is not a lot of praise/approval for going out on the street and testing limits on this fourm, also (I later found out) there are quite a few police officers on this site, could be considered taunting to some people, and it might bring unwanted attention to you!

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
if the car isnt meant to go that fast they should have made the limit at 80mph and called it a day. i like driving fast. i really dont care what people think. i do have a max mph i will do in certain areas of the highways. but at locations i know are dead, ill open it up a bit.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ugh, I really need to move back to Germany so I can drive at top speed. :) Use to have a twin turbo RX7 modded out. Sucks when your doing 160-170 and something passes you like your not moving. Yes, it does happen.

·
8,984 Posts
one little cam swap and some rear gears will get it to 200mph (eventually)
Probably not. It's hard for some of the Hyabusas to ACTUALLY get to the 200 mph mark with out some air redirection.

A cam and gear on paper would calculate to it, but I don't think the 5th gen is as slick as say the ZR1.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
Probably not. It's hard for some of the Hyabusas to ACTUALLY get to the 200 mph mark with out some air redirection.

A cam and gear on paper would calculate to it, but I don't think the 5th gen is as slick as say the ZR1.:thumbsup:
ok, maybe a ZR1 drivetrain swap then :lol: and a supercharger. :p

just take the whole powertrain out of a ZR1, try and fit it into a camaro (might need a custom torque tube), beef up the cam and port the heads, add some nitrous and she'll be to 200 :thumbsup:

·
8,984 Posts
I don't think I said ANYTHING about the ZR1 drivetrain.

I was referring to it's C/D and the Ground-based aerodynamics around it, hence the term "slick". :)

·
8,984 Posts
Again, it's part aerodynamics part horsepower.

You can put a FN Rolls Jet Engine on a FN Huffy and there is no guarantee it will go 1000 mph.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts