Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Bully Proof
7,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About 10 days ago when I started Envy up I noticed a message in my DIC that read "Service StabiliTrak". The message disappeared immediately and the instrument indicator light turned off. Since then...I haven't remembered to look at my DIC when I start up and the message disappeared so fast the first time I'm surprised I noticed it then.

Is this something I should worry about since the message disappeared quickly and the indicator light didn't stay on? Has anyone had this experience or experienced StabiliTrak failure? Any feedback would be appreciated. [URL="
[/URL]

·
Premium Member
4,382 Posts
Hillary
I had this happen one time last year and took it to the dealer to check it out to find one of the sensors (left rear wheel) had failed. A quick replacement fixed the problem and has not happened since. Mine was covered under warranty so yours should be covered also.
I recomend Reliable in Richardson to do your warranty work since you have had "issues" with your dealer.

Hope this helps. :)

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
About 10 days ago when I started Envy up I noticed a message in my DIC that read "Service StabiliTrak". The message disappeared immediately and the instrument indicator light turned off. Since then...I haven't remembered to look at my DIC when I start up and the message disappeared so fast the first time I'm surprised I noticed it then.

Is this something I should worry about since the message disappeared quickly and the indicator light didn't stay on? Has anyone had this experience or experienced StabiliTrak failure? Any feedback would be appreciated. [URL="
[/URL]
Mine also comes on every once in awhile. I guess I will have to have it checked.

·
Bully Proof
7,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hillary
I had this happen one time last year and took it to the dealer to check it out to find one of the sensors (left rear wheel) had failed. A quick replacement fixed the problem and has not happened since. Mine was covered under warranty so yours should be covered also.
I recomend Reliable in Richardson to do your warranty work since you have had "issues" with your dealer.

Did the message come on and turn off like I described JW?

Mine also comes on every once in awhile. I guess I will have to have it checked.
Does it always happen at start-up like mine did?

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
It only comes on for an instant when I first start it up but then goes away. Also does not happen every time just some times.

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
A dirty sensor can do this.

·
Premium Member
4,382 Posts
A dirty sensor can do this.
Yes Sir, You are correct!

Hillary,
At first I saw it so fast that I was not sure what it was. It got to be more often over time (about two weeks) but lasted longer on the DIC.

I finally go around to driving over to Richardson after it came on and did not go out.

·
Bully Proof
7,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Just as I feared...I'm going to have to wait until it comes on and stays on...otherwise the service department rep will look at me like I'm crazy and they'll fix nothing...been there and done that. I'm already getting sick of this computer/sensor crap. I've had Envy for a year and a half...she has 7100 miles on her...and this is the fourth sensor to give a trouble code or whatever you call it. [URL="
[/URL]

BTW...thanks for the feedback guys...I really apperciate it! [URL="
[/URL]

·
Registered
115 Posts
Are you brake torquing to smoke the tires? That will make the light come on after you shut the car off. As soon as you drive it the light will go off. It happens every time a car is on the Dyno unless you hit the traction control button once then hold it down for 7 seconds. That disables both the traction control and the stability tract.

·
Bully Proof
7,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Are you brake torquing to smoke the tires? That will make the light come on after you shut the car off. As soon as you drive it the light will go off. It happens every time a car is on the Dyno unless you hit the traction control button once then hold it down for 7 seconds. That disables both the traction control and the stability tract.
Thanks for the response but surely you're kidding...lol. I'm a lady and I have NOOOOOO interested what-so-ever in burning the tires on my Camaro. Envy is my pride and joy and I've got nothing to prove to anyone so I wouldn't dream of pushing her like that. [URL="
[/URL]

·
Registered
115 Posts
Thanks for the response but surely you're kidding...lol. I'm a lady and I have NOOOOOO interested what-so-ever in burning the tires on my Camaro. Envy is my pride and joy and I've got nothing to prove to anyone so I wouldn't dream of pushing her like that. [URL="
[/URL]

Maybe it wasn't you who roached the tires? Is there an adolescent in the house or maybe someone returning to his adolescence?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I had that happen to me, Just after I had my Trifecta Tune, The person that did the tune, told me as you leave, get into it a little and if you like the results ,wave as you go by. I was in 1st ,shifted hard into 2nd, laid down a patch of rubber, then let up. I waved to Bob White and continued driving, when I looked down, I had that message, plus all the lights from the traction control, and I could not shut them off. I was low on Gas and stoped to fill up, when I got back in and started up, No message and was able to turn on and off the traction control. its been good ever since. By the way Envy, nice car.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a 2008 Avalanche Z71 with 19,000+ miles...
every once in a while, I get a "Stabilitrak Off" message when I start the truck.
It disappears from the DIC and does not come on any other time.
This usually happens when I've not driven the truck for a week or so.

Is Stabilitrak defaulted "on"?

·
Bully Proof
7,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I had that happen to me, Just after I had my Trifecta Tune, The person that did the tune, told me as you leave, get into it a little and if you like the results ,wave as you go by. I was in 1st ,shifted hard into 2nd, laid down a patch of rubber, then let up. I waved to Bob White and continued driving, when I looked down, I had that message, plus all the lights from the traction control, and I could not shut them off. I was low on Gas and stoped to fill up, when I got back in and started up, No message and was able to turn on and off the traction control. its been good ever since. By the way Envy, nice car.
Thank you! :D

I did not see the message again for awhile...but in the last few days it has come on several times and this morning it stayed on for the longest time so far...still only about 60 secs or so but I'm definitely taking her in this week.

Can anyone tell me whether or not my Eibach Pro Kit could have any influence on this message showing up? I just want to be prepared for whatever BS my dealership is going to feed me this time.

·
Bully Proof
7,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hillary

Yes it did JW. But I have a question...had your car had any suspension upgrades prior to your message appearing?

·
Premium Member
4,382 Posts
Yes it did JW. But I have a question...had your car had any suspension upgrades prior to your message appearing?
No, the car has everything original and does not need anything for the way we drive. I like it the way it is.

I hope they don't give the run around. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Service StabiliTrak Message Displayed at Startup
By Blog Post on May 1, 2011 2:24 PM | No Comments
A 2010-11 Camaro may have an intermittent Service StabiliTrak message in the Driver Information Center (DIC) only at startup, and then the message will disappear within seconds of starting the engine. This message is displayed during the bulb check of the other instrument cluster indicators. This message will not remain on and no DTCs will be stored in the Electronic Brake Control Module (EBCM).

This condition will occur only under specific sequences of ignition switch operation. For instance, the driver may quickly flick and release the ignition switch during Start/Crank mode. After the ignition switch is released and the engine starts, the DIC Service StabiliTrak message may then be displayed. The condition may not occur each time this ignition switch sequence is performed.

If no EBCM DTCs are stored and the Service StabiliTrak message is displayed only at startup for a few seconds, then no repairs should be performed.

Engineering has identified the condition and has verified it is normal under this specific ignition switch sequence of operation. A revised calibration is available in TIS2Web. No parts should be changed to resolve this concern.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Envy, I had this happen to me. Just after getting my Triffecta tune, Bob , who did the tune, tolled me to step on it a little, to see if I liked the tune, I screeched my tires in first, then shifted to 2nd and eased off. Not only did I get the service stabil trak message but I couldn't turn my traction control on or off. I stopped to get gas, came back out , started the car and everything was O.K. that was in Dec. and it's been fine ever since

1 - 20 of 27 Posts