Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If my starter were to fail is it true that i would have to take out my whole passenger side header to get it out?? or is this a problem only on the corvettes??

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For the next couple of years, YOU wouldn't have to take anything out.... The dealership would.... :thumbsup:
lol i thought they wouldnt cover that??

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
lol i thought they wouldnt cover that??
Unless you're past your 36,000 Mile Bumper to Bumper Warranty, you are good to go!! Your signature block states you own a 2012, so you're not past your 3 years..... As for the 5 Year/100,000 Mile Power Train Warranty, I'm not sure if that'd be covered or not.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
STARTER

Starters are not under the powertrain warranty.. 5 year 100,000 mile.

Doesn't look like you have to take off any exhaust stuff, just the engine mount..

Preliminary Procedure
 1. Disconnect the negative battery cable. Refer to Battery Negative Cable Disconnection and Connection.
 2. Raise and support the vehicle. Refer to Lifting and Jacking the Vehicle.
 3. Remove the left engine mount. Refer to Engine Mount Replacement - Left Side.
4. Remove starter.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Starters are not under the powertrain warranty.. 5 year 100,000 mile.

Doesn't look like you have to take off any exhaust stuff, just the engine mount..

Preliminary Procedure
 1. Disconnect the negative battery cable. Refer to Battery Negative Cable Disconnection and Connection.
 2. Raise and support the vehicle. Refer to Lifting and Jacking the Vehicle.
 3. Remove the left engine mount. Refer to Engine Mount Replacement - Left Side.
4. Remove starter.
thats not bad, better than pulling the header i guess

·
Registered
334 Posts
Still not sure why everyone is so scared to pull the headers... All you need is new gaskets and they bolt right back up... And if your car is under warranty, it's a dealer issue, not yours. If the starter broke on my 2013 I'd bust somebody's ass at the dealership if they told me they weren't gonna fix it.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Still not sure why everyone is so scared to pull the headers... All you need is new gaskets and they bolt right back up... And if your car is under warranty, it's a dealer issue, not yours. If the starter broke on my 2013 I'd bust somebody's ass at the dealership if they told me they weren't gonna fix it.
yea thats tru, dealers are big PITA

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Some give us the rest a bad name!!! and honey gets you more bees.. people who are nice from the begining get a lot from me, the buttholes that come in angry and demanding dont get much but the minimum...

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Some give us the rest a bad name!!! and honey gets you more bees.. people who are nice from the begining get a lot from me, the buttholes that come in angry and demanding dont get much but the minimum...
tru statement

·
Registered
334 Posts
That ideology cuts both ways. If I just purchased a $43k car from you and the starter stopped working, I would be a bit irate about it. It's your job as a business man to understand my fury and attempt to calm me down, not just tell me that it's tough **** and I'm gonna have to buy the part. Because, believe it or not, my purchase will cause others to want to purchase cars. If I tell them that you were a prick when my car broke, they probably won't buy from you.

And trust me, I wouldn't be irate from the beginning. I woild only get irate when you told me you weren't gonna fix my car.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That ideology cuts both ways. If I just purchased a $43k car from you and the starter stopped working, I would be a bit irate about it. It's your job as a business man to understand my fury and attempt to calm me down, not just tell me that it's tough **** and I'm gonna have to buy the part. Because, believe it or not, my purchase will cause others to want to purchase cars. If I tell them that you were a prick when my car broke, they probably won't buy from you.

And trust me, I wouldn't be irate from the beginning. I woild only get irate when you told me you weren't gonna fix my car.
well said X2^^ :thumbsup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts