starting in 2016 cars have to be

3K views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  2010SS 
#1 ·
30% more fuel efficient and produce less emissions
i wonder if the government knows
you cant have both almost....
i mean sure maybe with a little engine

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30810514/wid=18298287

one question i have is will it hurt the camaro?
i mean will they put the v6 as the big engine and the I4 as the small engine?
i hope not

#2 ·
repost

#3 ·
you can't have both? wtf you talkin bout?

You can probably do it with a DOD 6 that's in the Camaro right now. gets 29 right now.

Other ways of getting mpg's would be making the car more aerodynamic.

An easier way of getting mpg's would be to make the car lighter. The lighter the car the less power it will need , hence the economy will go up. Less rolling resistance helps also.

#8 ·
I am sure that with the Nanny Government that the American People voted in last November that they will find a way to take those older cars off of the road. Taxes are a powerful weapon. With them the government encourages and discourages behavior. Go look at the window sticker on a Shelby Mustang or an SRT8 Challenger. Look carefully at the section that shows the $1,700.00 gas guzzler tax. Our free republic has been co-opted by the communists. They give deductions on your federal income tax for the behaviors that THEY deem appropriate. It is a sad state of affairs. Here in Massachusetts we have an esteemed proffessor at MIT that disagrres with the global warming scare. There are many like him but the prevailing media will never let you hear their opinions because their opinons go against their agenda. "The American people get the government that they deserve." If you buy a $42,000.00 SRT8 here in Taxachusetts, you will pay a 5%(soon to be 6.25% thanks to our governor, Barrack's friend Deval Patrisk) sales tax. Then you will pay an additional 2.5% excise tax each year that you own the vehicle, combined with the gas guzzler tax you will have payed $3,150.00 in taxes before you have made a single payment on your loan or insurance. If we don't like this, we must vote the Nannies out in the next election.

#11 ·
A little too much govmnt control coming down the pike,, taxing us out of our cars unfortunately isnt a paranoid thought there are some realy crazy ideas out there. I joined sema because they keep an eye on this stuff. Some of the ideas are disturbing, for one there are politicians looking to make areas like your house not legal to work on your car and they also want it to be ilegal to store a car on your property thats off the road.

#12 ·
Well, actually, cars will have to use 30% less fuel on average.

And, BTW, CO2 emissions, now classed as a "pollutant" (which it is not, but that's another thread), are directly proportional to the amount of fuel used.

The car designers in DC have decided the only new cars we will be able to buy will be little 2500 pound econoboxes with so little power that getting up a hill will be a challenge.

Get you new Camaro while you can, soon the only desirable cars will be the ones that have been carefully preserved. They'll be expensive, too, so only the rich will be able to afford them.

:eek::rolleyes::eek:

#15 ·
Why is that everytime mpg is brought up everyone targets the Camaro. Go look at current fuel ratings for ALL cars. Not too many currently exceed 29 mpg. I think I saw that the ALL NEW V6 accord is rated at 27mpg so I guess that means honda has something to worry about too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.