Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long time since I posted here! I'm having a bit of an issue occasionally with start up on my '92 RS. The car will turn over, but shuts off in a few seconds, and then just keeps turning over when you try to start it again. I have to pop the hood and have some one choke the throttle and then it starts right up and runs fine... this only seems to happen occasionally, and mostly just when I'm in Edgerton with my girlfriend... WTF!? I don't know what's going on. Any idea's?

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I had heard a suggestion to adjust the needles on the tbi, not sure. It's getting annoying lol. And my girlfriend is affraid it won't start sometimes lol.
The only adjustment I've ever made to my TBI is with my right foot. If you push the pedal hard enough, the IAC will finally get unstuck and open up in the right direction. You don't need tools to fix this problem.

Works every time for me.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Aaron, you can remove that IAC valve and clean it, pretty simple procedure. The info is on thirdgen somewhere. I have had that issue many times in my 3rd gens, we just did that fix on bills!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts