Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My Steering wheel on my 2SS RS came straight from the factory slightly off centered to the right just a bit (only had 4 miles on it when I picked it up). I took it back to the dealership to have them adjust this and now it is ever so slightly cocked to the left. Overall the alignment is fine as it does not pull at all. Has anyone encountered this and other than bothering me, would this cause any harm to the tires in relation to more wear to one side or the other (toe rod)? I hate to take it back for a second time to my dealership for this and now wonder if they can even get it right or if I should even both being very subtle. Is this something that anyone else has encountered or would this bother anyone else out there? Thanks for any feedback or advice if you have had this or are in my situation.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I noticed my steering wheel was off centered and the alignment was out, too. Took back to dealer and they did a full alignment at no charge. Said it was warranty work. Car tracks straight as an arrow.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
My Steering wheel on my 2SS RS came straight from the factory slightly off centered to the right just a bit (only had 4 miles on it when I picked it up). I took it back to the dealership to have them adjust this and now it is ever so slightly cocked to the left. Overall the alignment is fine as it does not pull at all. Has anyone encountered this and other than bothering me, would this cause any harm to the tires in relation to more wear to one side or the other (toe rod)? I hate to take it back for a second time to my dealership for this and now wonder if they can even get it right or if I should even both being very subtle. Is this something that anyone else has encountered or would this bother anyone else out there? Thanks for any feedback or advice if you have had this or are in my situation.

Thanks!!
My alignment was/is great... good enough to drive without my hands on the steering wheel (just kidding about the hands-free driving :D). I guess I'm fortunate.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I noticed my steering wheel was off centered and the alignment was out, too. Took back to dealer and they did a full alignment at no charge. Said it was warranty work. Car tracks straight as an arrow.
Same here...they did not charge me but now mine is just slightly off to the left as opposed to be slightly off to the right staight from the factory. It does not pull but still being off a bit bothers me so I will probably take it back until they get it right and of course it will still be a warranty no charge. May wait until my first oil change. I have already called them and informed them it was still off a bit. Stuff like this, I wish I could do myself so there would be no doubt that it is 100% correct and centered...lol

·
Registered
913 Posts
Mine was off just enough to be an annoyance. Took it back to dealers and they did another alignment like the gentleman above; it's not perfect but it's better. Tracking was never an issue- strictly cosmetic.

·
Registered
913 Posts
nobody has worse alignment than I. I might make a video on it.
Steering wheel center position or is the car actually all over the road?

·
Registered
544 Posts
nobody has worse alignment than I. I might make a video on it.
He's talking about the alignment on his 3rd gen Camaro.

I have a 1992 Firebird, and I can tell that the, idler arm, center link, tie rods, and maybe even the steering box all need to be replaced, because the steering is really loose, and the car tends to wander all over the place on roads with bumps and grooves. My tires also ware unevenly.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts