Modern Camaro Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts
I know this is an older thread, but I was wondering if the ACM or BCM are needing to be programmed? I was thinking the airbag shouldn't need programming. I would think the steering wheel would because of the different button locations.

This is a swap from a 2011 to 2012 steering wheel.

I wouldn't be suprised if later on there are sensors to make you hold on to it with both hands at the 10 and 2.
I don't think this will ever happen ... first I think there would be an outright revolt by all of us predominantly one handed drivers. Further, They couldn't do it with a manual cause they have to take a hand off the wheel. And third, it has now been determined that hand on the wheel position of 4 and 8 is better for cars with airbags, so who is to say this won't change again?

I don't think this will ever happen ... first I think there would be an outright revolt by all of us predominantly one handed drivers. Further, They couldn't do it with a manual cause they have to take a hand off the wheel. And third, it has now been determined that hand on the wheel position of 4 and 8 is better for cars with airbags, so who is to say this won't change again?
If you had a manuel than they'd allow for your right hand to be off the wheel but only for increments of seconds to allow for gear changes. Than the electrodes would shock you eventually ramping up to a tazer by the cops level, the radio would come on with safety messages.

Seriously, I think that the steering wheel and speedometer on the models 10 - 11 were much cooler, my '12 sucks. I only refer to the digital readout for speed, try to avoid looking at the tiny #s on the speedometer. I'd have been happier if there was no digital readout and the speedometer was very '69 looking. The steering wheel looks like it belongs in a pickup or cross-over.

If you had a manuel than they'd allow for your right hand to be off the wheel but only for increments of seconds to allow for gear changes. Than the electrodes would shock you eventually ramping up to a tazer by the cops level, the radio would come on with safety messages.

Seriously, I think that the steering wheel and speedometer on the models 10 - 11 were much cooler, my '12 sucks. I only refer to the digital readout for speed, try to avoid looking at the tiny #s on the speedometer. I'd have been happier if there was no digital readout and the speedometer was very '69 looking. The steering wheel looks like it belongs in a pickup or cross-over.
I love my HUD ... I can't imagine having to look at the speedo or, for that matter any of those gauges, for anything

since I own both a 10 and a 13, I like to the look of the 10 wheel, but the feel of the 13. The ZL1 wheel is also a great attractor.

Hopefully somebody has a couple answers for me. Im looking to change my steering wheel from the 11 to the 12 model. Does anybody know anybody that has attempted this. From what im showing, the coil and airbag have the same connector. Im just worried about something jumping up while im in there. Any help is appreciated, thanks
Hello, I am looking for black/ orange stitch steering wheel from 2011 for my 2013 Camaro ss.If you still have steering wheel and it is the one I am looking, please reply me .Thanks

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.