Modern Camaro Forums banner

stereo upgrade

4K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  chevy pilot 
#1 ·
wondering why the camaro does not come with bose system and does anyone know if i can upgrade my stereo system in my 2014 camaro from stock to bose system, i have it in my new truck and really like it

#2 ·
I'm guessing they went the Boston Acoustic system instead of Bose for some reason, but I won't speculate why. I don't know if it can be upgraded or not.

#3 ·
some of the execs at Chevrolet now have BA systems at their mansions

#4 · (Edited)
Bose is just a name. That's all. Marketing.

#5 ·
Bose is just a name. That's all.
Well, they do have a rep for getting the most out of any acoustical environment with the smallest equipment "footprint". My 3rd Gen RX7 had a Bose system and it was excellent! That is saying a lot with that car as there was MINIMAL room for equipment in it!

That said, I like the BA system in the Camaro. It may not win any awards but it is still quite nice, with the help of some added bass components... ;)

#6 ·
Alot of times you can just add a little extra bass and change the whole dynamic of the sound, for instance putting in a 10 or 12 inch speaker with about 500 watts is easily added to the car with not much trouble. go to subthump.com and you can look at prebuilt boxes amps and speakers and the wiring harness you need to be close to plug and play, and it would be so much cheaper than putting in a bose system... i added 2 10's with 500 watts to each one and it sounds great and the bass is not too overpowering... just my .02

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.