Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was looking to buy a short throw shifter and magnaflow x pipe , I called 2 different vendors from this and another forum I belong to . left messages and spoke to the sales departments for what I was looking for . Was told to give them a bit and they would get right back to me , I am still waiting for those return phone calls . I eventually clicked on 2 different google ads and got amazing prices on a Hurst shifter and x pipe. Just little upset that I tried to support the vendors and couldn't get any support in return , pm me and ill let anybody know who i used , got shifter for little over a hundred less than any where else and paid 2 bucks more for x pipe and got it 5 days faster .

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
A good exhaust shop can fab you an x-pipe and save you quite a bit of $$$. Thats what I did anyway.

·
8,984 Posts
How long did you "wait"?

SEMA is a **** good excuse if you ask me.

·
Registered
72 Posts
So I was looking to buy a short throw shifter and magnaflow x pipe , I called 2 different vendors from this and another forum I belong to . left messages and spoke to the sales departments for what I was looking for . Was told to give them a bit and they would get right back to me , I am still waiting for those return phone calls . I eventually clicked on 2 different google ads and got amazing prices on a Hurst shifter and x pipe. Just little upset that I tried to support the vendors and couldn't get any support in return , pm me and ill let anybody know who i used , got shifter for little over a hundred less than any where else and paid 2 bucks more for x pipe and got it 5 days faster .
I'm in the same boat as you are.

I own a carbon fiber and composites company and a few weeks ago, I was looking to place an order for $1000 worth of interior parts from what I believe is a forum vendor. When I got to the point of being ready to actually send the money, I asked for a detailed invoice, including part numbers, so I could make sure I was getting then right parts.

I was flatly told no.

He wouldn't give me a list of what I was buying until I actually paid, because I was "just going to take the part numbers and buy from someone else just to save $5."

I'll go out of business before I ever do business with that company.

Seriously, if you're in business to tell your customers how they have to buy from you, instead of letting them buy the way they're comfortable, you simply shouldn't be in business.

As a business owner, I answer every email and text message as they come in, unless I'm physically sleeping.

I answer the phone as absolutely often as possible. If you leave a message, I call you back ASAP.

Why some businesses think you need to buy from them more then they need to sell to you is beyond me.

I say good for you in not rolling over and taking the abuse. You voted with your wallet, which is how you should always punish someone who hasn't earned the right to do business with you. :)

Ok... I'll get off my soap box now. :D

·
Registered
42 Posts
I do not know who you called but, I will always be more than happy to take care of my customers. Without them we would not have a business. Just let me know if I can be of any help!

·
Registered
73 Posts
I got mine from Chase at ApexMotorsports. He is very good about call backs/reply to emails..... and even better about great advice to help you with your questions about what is best for your needs/wants and then very fair (great) prices.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts