Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Couldn't wait any longer............got 225 miles on the car (mostly to get the 87 octane fuel the dealer put in it out....:angry:).

Made two back to back pulls;

Coolant was 190, oil was 200

Here are the results!

AFR was about 11.5 to 11.7 across the board............nice for the turbos!

Going to play with the tune in the next couple days!

Howard

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
wow! 384 is the highest dyno number i've seen yet. woot! :fluffy:

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
NICE...so basically with an intake and a tune we'll be seeing over 400 at the wheels...NOT BAD! I'm happy.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Wow nice!
Are you going to try to do any mods before E-town? I wonder why your results were higher than Livernois. Anyhow sounds like you got a strong runner there, lean that afr out and add some timing in and take out that TM and you should have a strong runner. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
very sweet... 450 crank hp. . .

how many runs did you do?
4 pulls. Made 382-385 on every pull.

Not going to touch the car until after the track.

·
Premium Member
1,259 Posts
440-450hp is better than whats advertised for sure. for a 3900# car with 385 rwhp, that should be enough for a mid-high twelves, on a 1/4 mile calculator.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Couldn't wait any longer............got 225 miles on the car (mostly to get the 87 octane fuel the dealer put in it out....:angry:).

Made two back to back pulls;

Coolant was 190, oil was 200

Here are the results!

AFR was about 11.5 to 11.7 across the board............nice for the turbos!

Going to play with the tune in the next couple days!

Howard
That brought a tear to my eye.. it's beautiful.

·
Registered
359 Posts
are you gonna make couple pulls just tuning. leaving it stock? i would love to see what you could get out of it just by tuning before the cam and headers.

**** i wish you guys were closer to me.....:mad:

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Fantastic....check out that torque...300 or greater ALL THE WAY THROUGH!!!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
are you gonna make couple pulls just tuning. leaving it stock? i would love to see what you could get out of it just by tuning before the cam and headers.

**** i wish you guys were closer to me.....:mad:
We are out of time as we are splitting tomorrow for the track. Honestly from looking at the stock calibration and knowing these engines, I don't really see a ton left in tuning. I did observe the intake is a bit restrictive on the top end so a CAI might help. Personally LT headers are the ticket with this engine. I would expect a CAI/headers will be 435-440. The cam we use in the vettes will jump it to 480-485. I am specing out a different cam as we want to keep some strong low end in this chassis.

Howard

·
Registered
359 Posts
We are out of time as we are splitting tomorrow for the track. Honestly from looking at the stock calibration and knowing these engines, I don't really see a ton left in tuning. I did observe the intake is a bit restrictive on the top end so a CAI might help. Personally LT headers are the ticket with this engine. I would expect a CAI/headers will be 435-440. The cam we use in the vettes will jump it to 480-485. I am specing out a different cam as we want to keep some strong low end in this chassis.

Howard
i'm assuming you are refering to hp at the crank, not 435-440 rwhp....correct? and what do you mean LT headers?

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
Fantastic....check out that torque...300 or greater ALL THE WAY THROUGH!!!
BINGO!!!
That's what I was eye-balling!

Howard, those AF's are leaving quite a bit on the table....I know you're going FI in the near future, but for the NA guys, would you say 12.5 AF's might be good for another 20+ rwhp/tq?

1 - 20 of 61 Posts