Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been in a 6 speed manual camaro and wasnt crazy about the shift knob with how thick it was.(I know...thats what she said...) but anyway, I was wondering if anyone that drives the car in manual has input on it? Also, is the hurst shifter thats going to be available the only option for changing it?

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
The knob feels a bit smaller than the 4th gen was, but it's still reletively large. When I drove the Camaro at Carlisle, I did not feel as though it was a hinderance on my driving experience.

I've wondered why Chevrolet felt a big ball was the best way to go for a shifter. The "big ball" started with the third gen T5, I believe. The Mustang, OTOH, has a nicer, ergonomic feel.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I like the shape of the stock shifter. The shaved sides make it more of an oval than a round ball and just seems to make it better to grip when you wanna get through the gears quickly.

Of course, I don't find my hand resting on the shift knob unless I actually need to shift gears, so I'm not sure how ergonomic it really needs to be. It's shape works great for me reaching down to quickly shift, allowing me a solid grip without having to palm the top of the shifter like on some cars. My thumb rests comfortably on the flattened side and gives me more surface contact for a more secure feeling grip.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I find the shifter to be very comfortable. At first I thought the shaved sides were a rather odd, but I like it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts