Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shares of Ford and General Motors continued their nosedive Wednesday, making it harder for those companies to raise cash and renewing concerns about the future of Detroit's automobile industry.

More...

·
Registered
104 Posts
:eek: wow I been following the market the last two weeks tediously and havent payed attention to these stocks, just watching oil and dow and s and p. Just stresses me out about all this, and I dont have a penny invested but it all relates to where I work, so its just a matter of time and patience, and hope.

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
Buy low ...sell high

I'm not good at timing the market, but IF you know what to buy this is a good time to have money to invest. I hope GM can work through the cash crunch.

·
Registered
523 Posts
10-9-08 update

GM led the Dow lower, falling $2.15, or 31 percent, to $4.76, while Ford fell 58 cents, or 22 percent, to $2.08.

what happens when/if a co. gets low enough to be 0.00

d $872 billion Thursday and the value of shares overall has tumbled a stunning $8.33 trillion since last year's high. That's based on preliminary figures measured by the Dow Jones Wilshire 5000 Composite Index, which tracks 5,000 U.S.-based companies' stocks and represents almost all stocks traded in America.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
I don't think so, but I got around 4,000 sitting in the bank right now.

I'd put it down on GM, then once the camaro comes out and it skyrockets..sell it then use the money to buy the camaro! :D
i was thinking the same thing.... but if you got extra perks it would be nice...

·
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple
11,842 Posts
No perks, but you get a nifty statement in the mail once a quarter lol.
I've been a GM stock holder for a long time.

My initial purchase was at $61/share. Egh.
But I have since re-invested dividends and more purchases at lower amounts, so my basis is down quite a bit.
Would be nice to buy 1000 or so shares right now if I had the cash lol.

Oh well, this is a short-term thing, it'll come back. :)

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts