Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Supporting Super Moderator
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hemmings Nation, keep your eyes peeled for this very customized 1968 Chevrolet Camaro RS/SS, which was stolen this past weekend from the Goodguys PPG Nationals in Columbus, Ohio. Owner Alan Pound traveled to the Goodguys show all the way from Texas with it and said it was nicked from the Best Western parking lot on Dublin-Granville Road between 11 p.m. Saturday and 5 a.m. Sunday. He also said a 1968 Chevelle was stolen from the parking lot of the hotel next door. As Alan described his Camaro:

1968 Camaro RS/S,S light blue metallic, white houndstooth interior. 350 700R4, custom one-off console, air cleaner and radiator cover. 1968 Texas plates DHL DLH 148. VIN is 124378L318838. Columbus PD report number 110586335.

Anybody with information about the Camaro’s whereabouts is encouraged to call Alan at 903-473-4445 or 903-473-3681 or the Columbus Police Department at 614-645-4545.

Car thieves swipe 2 custom Chevys | The Columbus Dispatch

His wife, Karen, said her husband burst into their motel room about 6 that morning to say that the metallic burgundy 1968 Chevelle was gone.

Columbus police valued Pound's Camaro at $50,000 and Seth Pardee's Chevelle at $30,000.

Pound and the Pardees have put out information about the missing cars on the Internet. Mrs. Pardee, of Bryan, said she also circulated fliers to custom auto suppliers.

Pound said he has invested about 20 years of work into restoring and customizing his Camaro.

"I just want the thing back in one piece," he said.

Mrs. Pardee said that her son, who recently moved to Columbus, put hundreds of hours into his Chevelle.

She said he took a razor blade to the car to scrape off the old paint before putting on the customized paint. He worked at least 300 hours on it with his uncle, she said.

"It's not the money we want," Mrs. Pardee said. "It's the memories."

Anyone with information about either car can call Columbus police at 614-645-4545.

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Wow, that is just terrible news. I sincerely hope they get their cars back. I can only imagine how much more sentimental value these cars have to their respective owners than the estimated monetary value they are appraised at. I'd be furious!!

·
Registered
525 Posts
That just makes me sick, why can't people work for what they want like these two gentleman obviously did. I hope they get their cars back and teach the thieves a lesson or two.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
That is sad, and I feel for the owners of both cars. Jade was broken into, and almost stolen at a show in Louisville, Kentucky back in 2006. It's a shame that you can't enjoy something that you put your Heart and Soul into.....

Best of luck, but odds are, they will never find those cars.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
:angry::angry: The worst case is that they're already on a container ship headed for buyers in Europe or Russia.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Yup, just liked I had guessed. They were taken over night. The area these dudes, good guys, hang in has gone down hill. They really shouldn't be staying in that neighborhood with those cars over night. Shame.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts