Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all

I have not posted in a while since my car is now already 6 years old.

I am at about 59,200 miles, so coming up for the 60K service which of course the dealer is recommending. My question/situation is that I am about to park the car in a garage for about a year or so.

Should I do the 60K service before I store or once I return?

I am going to have the oil changed and fuel stabilizer added. The car will be parked indoors with steel wheels and some old tires to avoid flat spotting.

Thanks
Sal

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
will be started at all over the year?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, periodically, once a month or so. I am not worried about the tires flat spotting, I am leaving the winter tires on since they only have about a season left on them anyway.

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
just me and not overly informed, but I think I would change the oil only and then do the service when it comes out of storage

Reactions: sald78

·
Bully Proof
7,086 Posts
just me and not overly informed, but I think I would change the oil only and then do the service when it comes out of storage
I agree with Hokie too...but I would also put a fuel stabilizer in the tank because gasoline loses about 1 point of octane as it sits in your tank each month so theoretically the fuel octane level would be well below 80 by the time you take it out of storage. I use Sta-Bill but I've heard that Sea Foam works great too.

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sta-Bil will definitely be used, I actually bought some today.

Thanks for all the input

1 - 8 of 8 Posts