Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, i put the car away on tuesday. took off the insurance, cleaned her up, and covered her up. im having surgery on my knee next friday, so i needed to get it put away before then. anyone else put theirs away yet?

Im also working on my next round of mods for the winter. luckily its not that long.

2 Corbeau A4 racing seats
BMR rear lower control arms
BMR 2 point strut tower brace

thats about it.

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
Well, i put the car away on tuesday. took off the insurance, cleaned her up, and covered her up. im having surgery on my knee next friday, so i needed to get it put away before then. anyone else put theirs away yet?

Im also working on my next round of mods for the winter. luckily its not that long.

2 Corbeau A4 racing seats
BMR rear lower control arms
BMR 2 point strut tower brace

thats about it.

why take off insurance ? what if something happens to it as in a flood or Etc ? you use the house insurance on the car?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Some home insurance will cover autos, boats and ATV as long as they are stored in the garage, now flood insurance is different. No need to but 'em up here in Texas , it's been too hot to top down until a few weeks ago. Good luck on the knee surgery.

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have fire and theft on it. No need to keep full coverage on it in the winter. Flooding hasn't ever happened where its stored so Im not too worried about that. Plus ill save alot of money dropping it down to fire and theft.

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i store my car at my granparents house when they go to florida. and i dont think their house insurance covers my car. i think they looked into it last year and they told me it doesnt cover it. if the garage floods...ill just burn the house down :lol:

·
Premium Member
4,383 Posts
Good luck with the surgery, hope all goes well!!

·
ユキヒョウ
1,442 Posts
Nope, don't put her away for the winter. Should we get a some rare wintry weather here, then she stays in the garage, and I drive our 4x4 silverado. But otherwise, I drive all the time. Good luck with your knee surgery.

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks guys.

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
My Camaro is my daily driver. It's all I have! Rain, sleet, snow (yes, we have the latter 2 in SC) heat, high heat indexes...we travel.
PS, I put my boat up for the winter.

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My car wouldn't make it in our winters. The way its set up i wouldn't make it out of my drive.....well id make it down...but not up. Lol

·
Registered
376 Posts
Just got my girl home from the detailer and she looks better than the day I brought home from the dealer ship.Now shes ready to sleep for about 5 to 6 months,i would love to share some pics but all I have for Internet is my I pad2 and for some reason I cant down load any photos on this site.

·
Registered
257 Posts
2010 that pic of your car is amazing! Can i keep her company? lol

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sure!

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
I guess I'm lucky as I get to drive mine all the time..well most of the time, well some of the time ha you know what I mean.

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i woudlnt want to drive my car all year round. you dont even understand how excited i get when march and april roll around. if i drove the car all the time, i wouldnt have those feelings.

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
That is one good thing about Atlanta, Ga.. Winters are easy for the most part. The one or two ice'ing a season. If you have the resources best to winterize the car in that area of the woods. Like you said, April will be fun.

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yeah. it really does make it feel liek a brand new car every year. especially when i do any kinds of mods to it, then i get to take it out and see how they do. the weather we get here really just makes a car like this no fun at all to drive. constantly worried about wrecking and the salt just destroying it.....its not worth it. i have a 2001 silverado plow truck. and ive seen what the snow and salt have done to it. and its only 10 years old.....it looks like $hit underneath.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts