Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This one has me a little puzzled, and it only happens on a cold transmission, within the first few minutes of running the Camaro.

To start with, it is a 2014 V6 with manual trans. It just flipped over 11,000 miles, and I started noticing this about 1000 miles ago.

When it is cold, and when I accelerate, even light-to-moderate acceleration, I will hear a kind of rapid metal tapping sound. It will do this during the acceleration, stop when I press in the clutch, and resume very briefly in second gear, then gone until it cools back down. It almost sounds like a failed hard drive, only a bit faster.

I am planning on taking it to the dealer to have them look at it, but it only happens at such a specific time, and not all the time.

Has anyone else heard their gearbox making a similar noise?

·
Registered
775 Posts
Sounds like one of the CV joints in the rear axle stubs or possibly an issue internally inside the trans. Take it in, and make sure the tech can diagnose it (ride along to point out the noise).

Good luck!

·
Registered
383 Posts
This one has me a little puzzled, and it only happens on a cold transmission, within the first few minutes of running the Camaro.

To start with, it is a 2014 V6 with manual trans. It just flipped over 11,000 miles, and I started noticing this about 1000 miles ago.

When it is cold, and when I accelerate, even light-to-moderate acceleration, I will hear a kind of rapid metal tapping sound. It will do this during the acceleration, stop when I press in the clutch, and resume very briefly in second gear, then gone until it cools back down. It almost sounds like a failed hard drive, only a bit faster.

I am planning on taking it to the dealer to have them look at it, but it only happens at such a specific time, and not all the time.

Has anyone else heard their gearbox making a similar noise?
sebian,

My apologies regarding the noise that you're experiencing. Although I understand how displeasing this would be, it's great to hear that you'll be proactively reaching out to your dealer for an official diagnosis. Please keep us updated on what happens! If necessary, I can contact the dealer's Customer Experience Managers if additional assistance is needed. We'll look forward to your updates.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies! I am waiting for the weather to clear up a little bit before I bring it in. Nothing worse than watching it hail and knowing your baby is sitting outside in it!

I have been a bit more sparing on driving it since the noise began. I don't want to cause any catastrophic damages. :)

·
Registered
383 Posts
Thanks for the replies! I am waiting for the weather to clear up a little bit before I bring it in. Nothing worse than watching it hail and knowing your baby is sitting outside in it!

I have been a bit more sparing on driving it since the noise began. I don't want to cause any catastrophic damages. :)
You're welcome!

Please keep us posted on when you'd like to proceed.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care

1 - 5 of 5 Posts