Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you have to pair your iphone each time you wanna stream music from it or do you do it once and then they know each other???

·
Registered
116 Posts
For phone calls it will auto pair. for music streaming you will have to auto pair every time. its a little annoying.. but more on the iPhones side since you have to dig through menus to connect it every time.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Buzzkill. I guess no biggie. I probably won't use that option all that often anyways. Thanks for clarifying.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Use the USB port instead of blue tooth with your iPhone, it works much better.
Yah, that works too.. but i don't prefer it tho for a couple reasons. mainly, I hate trying to select music through my radio controls. it much easier and safer for me to hold my iphone while I'm driving than to stare at the deck to pick a song. also, i use it more to charge than I do for the music, so its annoying when I go to plug my phone into the USB for a charge and it automatically switches the input on my radio when I wanted to listen to XM or something.
I went and got a car charger for my iphone and i use that now for charging and bluetooth to stream the music. once you get in the habit of connecting your iphone its not al that bad. Lastly, there is a 3rd option you can use which I just learned about. you can put MP3 files on a hard drive or a thumbdrive and plug that into the USB ant it will play directly off of that. i leave a thumbdrive with my favorite songs loaded on it and just scroll through those if I'm tired or radio.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have used the bluetooth feature a couple times, but its a lot easier and you get much better music quality through the USB. I didn't like using the radio interface at first, but since I forced myself to for a week or so everything got much easier. Bluetooth is okay for phone calls, but in my opinion worthless for music due to low quality, unless you have no other alternative.

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
Yep go with the USB for music as stated above. It's alot better.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts