Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off I would like to say Congrats to everyone here for your patience in waiting for the Camaro, it's finally starting to pay off.

Just a little comment about street racing to think about.
I have a 06 Mustang GT so before long I'll come across the New Camaro's on the road and I would bet anything there will be a race involved.
Lets just keep it safe.
I don't mind a race from a light or maybe a little run on the highway but if traffic is bad or wet weather I don't chance it.

Again Congrats and see some of you soon.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I hope your GT isn't stock because you're going to get your a$$ handed to you!

...and IN before people flame for street racing. Yes it's irresponsible and as much as an oxymoron as it may sound like, there are "safe" ways to street race.

You can't prevent it, people will do it, lets just hope they do it with no other cars around. Plus every single person on this board is guilty of it at one point or another so you're not better than anyone else!

That aside, I'm not sure how "legal" it is to talk about street racing on this particular board BUT to stay on topic do you have any pictures of your GT? Mods?

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
Racing sections are coming SOON.

Street encounters will happen. I hope we don't start reading about cars totaled and deaths involving racing on the streets with 5th Gen Camaros.

Be safe. Take it to the track..or Mexico.

·
5thGen Supporter ^_^
145 Posts
Racing sections are coming SOON.

Street encounters will happen. I hope we don't start reading about cars totaled and deaths involving racing on the streets with 5th Gen Camaros.

Be safe. Take it to the track..or Mexico.
Yeah, known too many people who lost their lives, even on 4 lane roads they managed to lose control, cross to the other side and hit a car in the total opposite lane.

I keep it on the track, never on the street. Thankfully, I have a local track I can go to every Wednesday if I have the urge. :D

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
yeah, street racing is risky... but dammit sometimes i can't help it... so i agree... be safe and don't play in heavy traffic or wet/bad roads.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hope your GT isn't stock because you're going to get your a$$ handed to you!

...and IN before people flame for street racing. Yes it's irresponsible and as much as an oxymoron as it may sound like, there are "safe" ways to street race.

You can't prevent it, people will do it, lets just hope they do it with no other cars around. Plus every single person on this board is guilty of it at one point or another so you're not better than anyone else!

That aside, I'm not sure how "legal" it is to talk about street racing on this particular board BUT to stay on topic do you have any pictures of your GT? Mods?

Not even close to stock
Mods are Saleen supercharger/super shaker (8.5lbs.boost) aluminum 1 piece drive shaft, duel GT500 nfuel pumps, JBA Long tubes,JBA O/R H-pipe, Suspension and a couple exterior mods.
Last track outing I ran [email protected]
mustang 146.jpg

mustang 060.jpg

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice numbers. :thumbsup:

That being said, I sure hope it doesn't take the Camaro/LS3 10 -12k, in mods, to get into the mid 11s
I have a total of $39,000 invested in my car and that's including an extra set of tires and wheels for the track.

Mods only just under $10,000

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm just a fan of American Muscle..
me too... but i have driven a 06 mustang GT and own a 09 G8 GT. it might have been the car, but the mustang fely like it was going to fall apart... and it was a test drive from the dealership....

·
Registered
71 Posts
me too... but i have driven a 06 mustang GT and own a 09 G8 GT. it might have been the car, but the mustang fely like it was going to fall apart... and it was a test drive from the dealership....
Hah... You think that's bad? Come test drive my 17 year old fox.

She still runs great, but boy she'll shake your brains out.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts