Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this may be an old subject but in your opinion do you think it should be legalized and have you ever done it yourself

Me I've Highway raced every single car I've owned and not owned.I think a Possible solution is to have strips(drag strips that is)more accessable for people who want to race.I mean I loved the adrellin from racing but I seriously think that there should be more of concerted effort to have more places where it doesn't cost you an arm and a leg to do it at.I mean since people place bets(sometimes) at these gatherings that it can be taxed or something I mean look at horse racing for cryin out loud I mean don't ya think PETA hasn't been looking out for the horses that are running there? WHERE ARE THE PEOPLE LOOKING OUT FOR PEOPLE WHO WANT TO RACE?

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
legalize street racing? yeah, OK. are you on crack?

racing should be kept on the track...and yes things should be done to make tracks more accessible so you dont have to race on the street.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
did i say i want street racing legalized? all i did was raised the question:lol:
but yes i have raced but i think either they give racers more access to strips or legalize street racing i mean i would rather have them give racers more access to strips than legalize it

·
Registered
523 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have been doing it when I had my Stang, but I've been alot more cautious as I've gotten older due to the fact that law's are being enforced more and I'm not as much of a risky driver as I used to be!

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
did i say i want street racing legalized? all i did was raised the question:lol:
yeah...just kind of an unrealistic question to raise.

·
Registered
142 Posts
It's an iffy subject due to alot of people being against it, and alot of metal heads who are :roxor: and like to go vroom vroom!

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's an iffy subject due to alot of people being against it, and alot of metal heads who are :roxor: and like to go vroom vroom!
yeah i'm sure this Bob marley fan is secretly wanting to legalize ganja:rotflmao:

·
Registered
142 Posts
yeah i'm sure this Bob marley fan is secretly wanting to legalize ganja:rotflmao:

Ha, nah man. I'm 19 and I've learned the hard way. I've changed my ways from what I used to be and am back on track! Unless you are talking about another bob Marley fan.... than ignore what I just said lol

·
Dark Side Moderator
2,665 Posts
Since we are raising these types of question.

When are they going to legalize reckless driving and DWIs?

Really.....cmon. Legalizing these things are stupid. Plain Stupid.

If we are talking legally closing a street off in a racing event thats ok. But in a safe manner it would be more expensive than just going to the track.

Hell, the local 1/8th isnt even 20 bucks. And I can get lots of passes in.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
I love a Good Street Race on the Highway once in awhile But quite Frankly In my area Theres not alota competition and or guys wernt willing to race.

But legalizing it? Not a good idea.

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
I love a Good Street Race on the Highway once in awhile But quite Frankly In my area Theres not alota competition and or guys wernt willing to race.

But legalizing it? Not a good idea.
Hey, remember that run you and I had, Dave....your Z06 vs. my Magnum and you blew up your differential?:eek:

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
if i ever become stupid rich i will buy a bunch of land and setup a 2 mile strip next to a 1/4 mile strip, so you can race from a roll as you do on the street...

i think there should be specific streets closed down once a week (maybe Saturday night 10:30ish) in city's where there are no drag strips with in an hours drive like AUSTIN! they could check tags,plates,and licenses.... there are a lot of holes in my plan but i think it could work out

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah...just kind of an unrealistic question to raise.
well yeah but i know people who do it,I've done it(never been caught though) but i did find the article BDC gave is interesting.Jinx? I can understand your sarcasim but let me ask you a question have you ever street raced and if you did why?

Me i did it cuz it wound up from a bench racing discussion to a highway race with two classmates.
but the last time i highway raced was Last year and i haven't done it since

·
Registered
142 Posts
if i ever become stupid rich i will buy a bunch of land and setup a 2 mile strip next to a 1/4 mile strip, so you can race from a roll as you do on the street...

i think there should be specific streets closed down once a week (maybe Saturday night 10:30ish) in city's where there are no drag strips with in an hours drive like AUSTIN! they could check tags,plates,and licenses.... there are a lot of holes in my plan but i think it could work out

I think that the families in their homes nearby wherever this would occur would complain continuously and will quickly shut down the area. I don't think it would work out either :p

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
I think that the families in their homes nearby wherever this would occur would complain continuously and will quickly shut down the area. I don't think it would work out either :p
the area i am referring too in austin there are no residential neighborhoods... just open 4 lane highway...
like i said it has holes but it could be worked out....

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 73 Posts