Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
3,081 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
It's a diode or resistor (can't remember which) made to trick the computer into thinking the Intake Air Temp (IAT) is lower so "in theory" would let the ECU increase timing. Even if the computer saw a lower temp it would not increase it that much to their claimed gains. Totally bogus for something that cost 15 cents at radio shack.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
MSRP is $399.99...your price is $69.00...if it sounds too good to be true...you know the rest. I would never get one of these chips. You don't want to fool the ECU into thinking the incoming air is different than what it actually is. Save yourself $19 and get a K&N air filter. That will give you a boost in power, it is safe, and you'll retain the stock appearance under the hood. I have one in my SS and I couldn't be any happier!!

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
Snake oil. Run away.

Do what Slim says and swap out your air filter for a K&N. MUCH better airflow due to increased surface area.

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
put one of these in my old hillbilly hay wagon and it does do something but removed it when i got a jet chip which also fakes out the m.a.t . but does so much more for the money not worth the gains

1 - 8 of 8 Posts