Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to stop in with my first post and say it was great to meet all the Moderncamaro forum members this weekend. I'm on Camaro5 and was not aware of this forum until Saturday night. I was at the hotel on Saturday night and the only person I sort of knew there was Fbodfather whom I've met briefly twice before. The t-shirt representation of the site could not go unnoticed! You all welcomed me into your group and I really had a good time. If they are on this board I really want to thank the guy who bought the pizza and invited me to the breakfast table. I know your wifes name is Mary cause if I forget that name I'm in trouble at home. Also thanks for the gentleman that said my money was no good at breakfast. I spent a lot of time later talking with Al and Eli Saturday night. Sorry Eli if I got your name wrong. Big tall guy from the focus group. Anyway thank you one and all for making me feel like part of your group. I was the one in the Ohio State hoodie and also the one that Fbodfather was making fun of for the blisters on my hand. Camaro people are the best! I'm probably posting in the wrong spot so mods can feel free to move this if need be. Jamie

·
THE FBODFATHER
487 Posts
I just wanted to stop in with my first post and say it was great to meet all the Moderncamaro forum members this weekend. I'm on Camaro5 and was not aware of this forum until Saturday night. I was at the hotel on Saturday night and the only person I sort of knew there was Fbodfather whom I've met briefly twice before. The t-shirt representation of the site could not go unnoticed! You all welcomed me into your group and I really had a good time. If they are on this board I really want to thank the guy who bought the pizza and invited me to the breakfast table. I know your wifes name is Mary cause if I forget that name I'm in trouble at home. Also thanks for the gentleman that said my money was no good at breakfast. I spent a lot of time later talking with Al and Eli Saturday night. Sorry Eli if I got your name wrong. Big tall guy from the focus group. Anyway thank you one and all for making me feel like part of your group. I was the one in the Ohio State hoodie and also the one that Fbodfather was making fun of for the blisters on my hand. Camaro people are the best! I'm probably posting in the wrong spot so mods can feel free to move this if need be. Jamie

Wow -- am I feeling stupid! I guess I thought you knew most of the people there -- I wish you'd have said something and I would have made introductions. (..it's that **** 'apple juice' thing.......)

Mary's husband is Brian -- aka 'Hawkeye' on www.chirpthird.com (SSOA Back Porch ) (SSOA is SS owner assn)

You got Elie right -- (add an 'e')

I think you probably met the "proprietor of this fine establishment" (ModernCamaro, that is...) -- Octanez28 (aka Tim) was there the whole evening - he's the owner of 'Cliffjumper' -- the RJM Camaro SS/RS that stared down the Mustang.

Great group of people here -- and at SSOA - very much like a family reunion! (except that we like everyone at the reunion!)

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
I wish I could have stayed over night! I had a blast at the show on Saturday and meeting alot of you guys was awesome.

I would say expect some sort of recap on the front page soon.

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
it was fun and it was good to finally see some of these people on all the forums, that i have been talking to.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great meeting you this weekend! Welcome to the site! :thumbsup:
I do remember being told your screen name. Now if I could place it with a face! I'm horrible at names. Easy for you guys that already know each other to remember one name. You'd think my buddy captain Morgan would have been able to remember but he was no help at all. :). Jamie

·
Registered
108 Posts
Great to have met you as well!!:thumbsup:
This "Back Porch" thing just keeps getting better and better each year!:D

Best regardSS,

Elie

·
Registered
219 Posts
Post a pic of yourself. I wish we'd have been introduced to more of the new faces at the hotel who joined us at the Back Porch. My husband, Steve, and I own the yellow 5th Gen from Oregon. We're still on our way back home, taking a couple of days to go through Glacier Nat'l Park in Montana.

·
Registered
32 Posts
You'll never meet a more friendly group of people than those on the Back Porch. We welcome everybody to join us. Glad you had a good time.

·
Camaro Focus Group Member & Moderator
240 Posts
Jamie Mac - welcome and glad you were able to make the show! As other said, post pics and let us know more about yourself (where you're from, your ride, etc.). Hope to see you around!

·
Registered
219 Posts
where did most of you stay at when you came up for the show? canton or akron area?
The "Back Porch" contingent was at:
Hampton Inn Kent/Akron Area
4406 State Route 43, Kent, Ohio, USA 44240

1 - 14 of 14 Posts