Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
I know MagnaCharger has a nice roots-style blower kit for the G8 GT & G8 GXP.
That will be available for Camaro will minor modifications. :)
Now that's what I'm talking about! Instant torque with the roots style forced induction, plus it's a nice tight package. The centrifugal sytems are good, but they need more room in the front for the 'plumbing'.

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
dose a supercharger void warranty??? lol
NO, not necessarily, becasue of The Magnuson-Moss Warranty–Federal Trade Commission Improvement Act. Find a gearhead service manager and you are usually golden.

SEMA has some important and helpful tips for handling warranty issues.

http://www.sema.org/main/semaorghome.aspx?ID=50096

Several of the magnacharger systems also come with a CARB EO # and you can get a 3 year warranty on top of that. IF for some reason I can't get my hands on a factory supercharged Camaro I'll probably be getting a Maggie.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Which dealership will install an aftermarket blower and not void the warranty?
yeah seriously...would you really want a dealer installing in blower on your car??? no thanks. (and even if they did, it wouldn't all of a sudden be covered in a powertrain warranty)

As far as warranties go, it wouldn't necessarily void your warranty, but if you break something because of the blower (like motor or tranny), they are not going to give you a new one. But if broke something that can't be blamed on the blower, they can't void your warranty. They are supposed to prove that the aftermarket part caused the failure. BUT, unfortunately a lot a dealers will try and use it as an excuse to charge you $$.:BangHead:

·
Registered
166 Posts
The dealership installed the supercharger on my 4 Runner, and I had no problem with them doing it. Although mine is a TRD unit and they're part of Toyota.

6 lbs of boost will generally give you about 40 - 45% of a horsepower increase.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Now that's what I'm talking about! Instant torque with the roots style forced induction, plus it's a nice tight package. The centrifugal sytems are good, but they need more room in the front for the 'plumbing'.
Agreed! I'm all about the roots style, besides looking way cooler when you pop the hood, all that torque will make the drag strip (and traffic lights) that much more fun. I'm thinking that magnuson is the way to go, I watched their video of the supercharged G8.......:notworthy:

·
8,984 Posts
The Maggie on the new GT put that car deep into the 12s.

12.5 @ 111mph.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts