Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
haha...there's your excuse to tell the wife..."honey, I'm buying a supercharger because it's going to improve gas mileage":D

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
Exactly. With more tuning on the AFM throttle position activation/deactivation you could even pick up a little more.

With the supercharger it would be pointless to worry about fuel mileage, because I'd always have my foot on the floor.

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
Talk about the best of both worlds!

I'm going to take this opportunity to summarize the acronyms for the supercharged L99.....

Acronym_____Meaning______________Description___________________________
AFM_________Active Fuel Management___Essentially, a V4 under light engine loads; most _____________________________________advantageous for highway MPG.:thumbsup:
BOD_________Boost On Demand_________My terminology for a MagnaCharged 6.2L......no _____________________________________lag with gobs of power early in the _____________________________________powerband.:roxor:
CWA_________Can of Whoop Ass________Standard equipment for all supercharged _____________________________________Camaros......to be used on anybody dumb enough __________________----------------------to pick a fight at a stoplight.:bat:
LMAO________Laugh My Ass Off_________What I'll be doing as the image of their car gets --------------------------------------------smaller in my rearview mirror.:lol:
TFT__________Tissue For Tears___________To be handed to the poor bastard at the next ----------------------------------------------stoplight.:D

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
i will take a turbine over a belt any day
unless the sc is free, :D
BOOOOO

Happiness is a belt driven supercharger.:D

I guess we're all entitled to our opinions...boost is good.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
BOOOOO

Happiness is a belt driven supercharger.:D

I guess we're all entitled to our opinions...boost is good.
I agree if you can't hear the whine then you're too far behind

·
Registered
22 Posts
How about torque limitations of the 6L80 transmission? I read somewhere that it is about 430 ft-lb. I'm considering the common 550 HP kit from several companies, but this part concerns me, especially on a new car. It'd be a shame to destroy the transmission this soon...

·
Registered
37 Posts
No worries with the L99 and boost. It comes with a ittle less compression then the LS3 which is perfect for boosted applications.AFM will not be harmed any way during normal driving as the afm will not see boost if your not in the gas. Once, you hit the go fast peddle afm is off and so are you.

My L99 will be boosted as soon as procharger comes out with the race kit. I'm more concerened with the A6 holdin up then the motor.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
I'm more concerened with the A6 holdin up then the motor.
It'll probably hold up for a while...until you add slicks and figure out how to get traction.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.