Modern Camaro Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
GM should surprise everyone and hit a true milestone by actually releasing the Camaro next month in September as a 2009 model to commemorate the true 40th anniversary of the 69 Camaro. Now that would be something to celebrate!

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
What would be a real surprise is if they time warped to Sept 2006 and released it as a 2007 model to ACTUALLY CELEBRATE THE 40TH ANNIVERSARY!

·
Registered
637 Posts
What would be a real surprise is if they time warped to Sept 2006 and released it as a 2007 model to ACTUALLY CELEBRATE THE 40TH ANNIVERSARY!
Now this I like I could have been driving one for 18 months or so! Tha would surprise the hell out of my wife.:eek:

·
Registered
897 Posts
Now this I like I could have been driving one for 18 months or so! Tha would surprise the hell out of my wife.:eek:
That's what I was hoping for when I first saw the concept. I was like, perfect throw whatever LS2 or LS3 motor your using right now and put it on the market for the 40th anniversary of the Camaro. I guess do it right was more important though. I'm trying to be patient.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Of course we all would have loved to see the 40th anniversary of the original 67Camaro, but since that is not an option it would have been a nice to see GM make it in time for the 69, in 2009.

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
LOL Hell, why don't they have the 40th anniversary of the 70 Camaro? It's a 2010 model right?

A Camaro is a Camaro. The Camaro BEGAN in 1967. An anniversary model would be an anniversary of the first model year.

Why does everyone think that the 69 is the DEFINATIVE Camaro? Christ...

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
LOL Hell, why don't they have the 40th anniversary of the 70 Camaro? It's a 2010 model right?

A Camaro is a Camaro. The Camaro BEGAN in 1967. An anniversary model would be an anniversary of the first model year.

Why does everyone think that the 69 is the DEFINATIVE Camaro? Christ...
The 1970 Camaro is not the same body style
I was trying to make a simple point here.:BangHead:

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
The 1970 Camaro is not the same body style
I was trying to make a simple point here.:BangHead:
O.K. Fine. A simple point: 2009 would not be the anniversary of anything significant "Camaro." The 5th gen is not the same body style as the 1st gen. A 2007 would have been the 40th Anniversary of the Camaro. The 69 is nothing but the last of the 1st Gens. The 2010 will be the first of the 5th Gens. IF you considered the 5th Gen the same as the First Gen, the "Anniversary" would be the "4th" and it would STILL have to have been a 2007.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
O.K. The 69 is nothing but the last of the 1st Gens.
Devryn,

I know and understand your point, but the quoted comment above, I do not share your opinion. Just my opinion, ...

rant #1
(which I have found recently on this forum is not even worth spit - thanks to whoever deleted my posts in the name of "getting back on track" on another thread, so much for my freedom of speech :patriot::BangHead:)

... but the 69 was popular enough to extend its production run deep into the model year (about 16 months) ...

rant #2
- save me the details purists - do not post corrections, I know it was an extended run, but it is not worth the effort to find the exact length.

... and is perhaps the most popular of the first gens.

Again, I agree with you about the anniversary issue, just not with the 69 comment. I am biased, I owned one.

·
8,984 Posts
GM should surprise everyone and hit a true milestone by actually releasing the Camaro next month in September as a 2009 model to commemorate the true 40th anniversary of the 69 Camaro. Now that would be something to celebrate!
You what else would be a suprise?

If Grandma had balls, she would be grandpa.:hello:

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
Devryn,

I know and understand your point, but the quoted comment above, I do not share your opinion. Just my opinion, ...

rant #1
(which I have found recently on this forum is not even worth spit - thanks to whoever deleted my posts in the name of "getting back on track" on another thread, so much for my freedom of speech :patriot::BangHead:)

... but the 69 was popular enough to extend its production run deep into the model year (about 16 months) ...

rant #2
- save me the details purists - do not post corrections, I know it was an extended run, but it is not worth the effort to find the exact length.

... and is perhaps the most popular of the first gens.

Again, I agree with you about the anniversary issue, just not with the 69 comment. I am biased, I owned one.
Wrong. The 70 wasn't ready yet, so they continued selling the 69. The best selling Camaro ever was the 79.

Oh, and incidentally, I wasn't bashing the 69. It is by far the most popular. I like it the most, but it's not worth making 69 the born date of the Camaro.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Best learn your place. You just dissed a couple of this forum's more senior members, you're as new as I am yet you speak like you've been here forever, and the only reason you have as many posts as you do is because you post the same Sh!! over and over again.

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
Looks like this forum is filling up with nothing but a**holes.
Of course, on the other side of that coin are the people who've been here awhile and worry that it's filling up with morons.

Edit: You have the nerve to insinuate I'M an asshole and you go and insult VETERANS?! GTFO. Seriously...Just leave. You're going to get a rash of **** from 90% of the people on this boards since MANY of us are veterans.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.