Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you may know that the SS has been laid up for the past several months (don't ask :mad: ) while I complete some suspension upgrades. Well..........I'm done at last! I installed BMR's adjustable torque arm, adjustable pan hard rod & lowering springs along with new Bilstien shocks. I also have the GMMG chambered exhaust to go on w/polished SLP dual dual tips :roxor:

Click my fquick garage link to the left to check out the pics taken Friday after I finished, it's the last 3 pics.

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
Nice. How well did the BMR unit fit from the box? Like an idiot I took UMI's word that it was set from the box and caught [email protected]## putting it in because it was too long.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice. How well did the BMR unit fit from the box? Like an idiot I took UMI's word that it was set from the box and caught [email protected]## putting it in because it was too long.

I caught hell with getting the old rubber mounts for the tranny end of the torque arm off the mounting brackets, I had to drill off the rivets. After that it went pretty well, pan hard rod was a piece of cake. The front shock assemblies kicked my ass.......getting them disassembled was a *****. Everything above the upper control arm was rusted beyond recognition.

Octane......your right, it feels great to have this project complete & that makes all those months seem like they never happened. :cool:

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
Yep those strut mount bolts are always rusted I've done it so many time now I Learned how to do it. Leave it assembled and spray it with a rust cutter. wait an hour and hit it with an impact. Works like a charm. Replaced all 4 of my springs in like 4 hours for the 4th time.

How much heavier is the BMR unit opposed to the stocker. The **** UMI is at least 3x heavier if not more.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is heavier but it's hard to compare, the BMR t/a has been on the car for several weeks so.....:confused:

·
Registered
2 Posts
The BMR is going to come in handy when all upgrades are done. It may feel heavier now but will save a lot of little problems later on when you increase HP and thrust lift.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts