Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a used 2010-15 camaro touchscreen panel with mylink, the one with the similar/same looking A/C knobs below the screen as the knobs that come with the standard radio. It'll get here in the next week or so; when it does I plan to install it, but I know I will encounter obstacles, namely I think I need to buy a specific wiring harness - the one for the standard radio won't power the mylink properly, and I don't think the unit I bought comes with one - and then I also saw in a video that the mylink actually locks and won't be usable with another car unless its reprogrammed.

Does anyone know what wire harness I'll need - perhaps a link to a web listing to order it,

& Does anyone know of this reprogramming process for the unit - how to reprogram it - so that it wont lock and it'll work on my Camaro?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
update: the wire harness / radio reprogramming I'm referring to can be seen here:

From this aftermarket detailer (MVI / Gm-navigation) that posted that video, the wiring harness kit costs $299, the reprogramming costs $200, and backup camera costs $120. Now, I know that the factory backup camera is hard to come across for less than that, but the other $500 in just wiring and reprogramming seems very steep on top of the $200 I just bought the new radio and touchscreen panel for. I'm going to look for alternatives... if anyone knows of any such, please let me know. This is just the parts cost, the installation I would have to do or pay someone for.

Heres the product listing for the wiring harness where you can also see the reprogramming and backup camera fees.

·
Premium Member
6,274 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Appreciate it.
I decided not to go with the MyLink upgrade because after all it wasn't the most inexpensive option; getting the 'digital octopus' type multimedia from aliexpress is way less, and the GUI is also way more modern, it's like a proper android tablet GUI. Has much more updated functionality too like apple carplay / android auto.

I also chose to go with that option after the myLink I bought was broken by the shipping company right after seller handed it off. Fortunately seller fully reimbursed me.

If I were to have gone with the myLink installation, I would have def bought the wire harness/ kit from gm-navigation.com / MVI (The maker of video I cited).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.