Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
2001 Camaro Z28
11,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fbodfather said:
Imagine -- all of these people discussing the sound of the various exhausts based on engine/transmission.

The team feels very strongly about details and "being proud of what we're going to offer -- if we aren't proud, why are we doing it?"

Proof once again that the RIGHT people are working on the Camaro, and that they DO care about all the details. :)

:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Proof once again that the RIGHT people are working on the Camaro, and that they DO care about all the details. :)

:thumbsup:
:roxor: :roxor: :roxor: :roxor:

After hearing the video on the 'ring (every 5 minutes for the past 3 days) they better not tone it down from that. :D

·
Registered
61 Posts
:roxor: :roxor: :roxor: :roxor:

After hearing the video on the 'ring (every 5 minutes for the past 3 days) they better not tone it down from that. :D
I've listened and listened, but I'm just not hearing it. I heard a little bit as the car drove up a ramp of some sort, but nothing other than squealing tires as the car went around the turns. What am I missing? (What I did hear I LOVED.)

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Turn it up, as the car accelerates out of the turns, there's a nice low V8 rumble.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I wouldn't say low rumble, but you can hear it. It almost sounded like it ran over the red and white stripes at the roads edge at first. Kinda like a rumble strip

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
So....what you are saying is that it's not a rumble, but it sounds like it ran over a rumble strip? :D

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
if you play the video backwards its a satanic messege.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I loved what I heard when the car was going up what looked like a ramp of some sort to possibly get onto the track. However, when on the track, I just didn't hear that much.

Also, frankly, it didn't look like the drivers were pushing the car all that hard. It looked and sounded like they were doing warm up laps, or, just trying to dial the suspension in at 1/2 to 3/4 effort of the car.

It's loooookin good, though.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I'm liking what I'm hearing and looking at so fat, that's for sure. :D

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
Exhaust sounds good stock but spintechs will be on mine shortly after I get it. Debating on whether to put them on the GTO or not. Thats 200+ that could go towards my block for the Z :BangHead:.

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Just make it sound like my 2005 GTO with Flowmaster Super 40's and it will be perfect. Or at least offer an exhaust option with cutouts like the Vette has.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts