Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
NO FRIGGIN' WAY! TTOPS ARE WHAT MADE A THIRDGEN CAMARO A THIRDGEN CAMARO! TTOPS STAY IN THE 80S!

Plus ttops on a 5th would be weird looking...

·
Registered
240 Posts
I don't think that t-tops would fit the lines of the 5th gen. I really like the t-tops on my 00 Z28 but they look good and flow well.

The other thing I've come to like about sunroofs over t-tops is the ease of opening the top up. My 06 VW Golf has a powered sunroof and while it doesn't open the whole top up it is so nice to just turn a dial to where I want it :)

·
Registered
247 Posts
I love sun roofs, but on the camaro they just look plain silly.:D They add great functionality, however, it diminishes the aesthetically pleasing lines of the ride.

·
Registered
63 Posts
noway they leak. if you live here in fla. the sun will bake the rubber and they get hard and leak when it rain. theyalso make the car flex alot.

·
Registered
601 Posts
They were awesome then... What I'd really like to see with the vert release is a removeable hardtop. GM has the Corvette and now Solstice with it, the Camaro deserves the same treatment. It could be to late in this game to ask for it, but I think that it could have already been a idea.

·
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple
11,842 Posts
I absolutely LOVED t-tops on my 4th Gens. :)
But the design would not look right on the 5th Gen at all.

Additionally...
Side-impact crash standards are such that it makes it near impossible to engineer t-tops without a huge additional expense.
So we will probably never see t-tops on any car ever again.

Even targa tops like the Corvette has are extremely difficult.
I would venture a guess that the next-gen Corvette won't offer a targa top for this same reason. :(

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
T-Tops were nice, but they wouldn't be good on the 5th Gen. It wouldn't look right.

I know I'm in the minority, but I want a Glass roof like the Mustang:

Looks cool, IMO.

·
Registered
51 Posts
No T Tops
Full sun roof? Ever ride in a full sunroof car? Without a sunshade it is absolutely brutal in the sun in the summer - you bake and I don't care what color or UV coating it has, you bake. And when the sun is at the right angle you can't avoid it shining in your eyes. In winter its like a freezer opening right above your head - there's no insulation.
'Cause thats what my Vette's got.
Nope not the next the time for me.

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
No T Tops
Full sun roof? Ever ride in a full sunroof car? Without a sunshade it is absolutely brutal in the sun in the summer - you bake and I don't care what color or UV coating it has, you bake. And when the sun is at the right angle you can't avoid it shining in your eyes. In winter its like a freezer opening right above your head - there's no insulation.
'Cause thats what my Vette's got.
Nope not the next the time for me.
Mustang's got a shade.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts