Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets make this thread a Q&A on anything technical. There is FAR to much misinformation, disinformation, misconceptions, misunderstandings, and just plain confusion out there so ask & I will do what I can to answer & educate.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
150 Posts
For us L99 folks please explain the difference, when upgrading cam and valve train, the difference (including parts and labor) between the DOD delete and the LS3 conversion I read about.

I have a friend with the LS3 and his installer charged him $1900 for his blower cam install (parts and labor). When I inquired another installer about the LS3 conversion for my L99 (cam, parts and labor) he quoted me $4800. So what's all involved with the DOD delete and LS3 conversions? What am I paying $2900 for?

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The DOD delete is just done in programing. We disable the displacement on demand in the tune.

The LS3 conversion means we need to remove the cylinder heads to remove the lifters and relace w/LS3 ones, the cam is changed, and the timing set & tensioner/guide. So it involves a ton more labor. To do a simple cam swap we just swap the springs on the heads w/out removing them and just have to remove the rdiator assy & water pump, pull the dampner, and remove the front cover. Dont even need to remove the intake manifold. So most of what your paying for a a ton more labor as well as several hundred more in parts (head gaskets, head bolts, etc.).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts