Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last Saturday night after the UFC fight my gf had been texting me wanting me to come over for a bit....so of course i did. Was there for about an hour and half...left her house and just a few miles down the road i met a county cop (traveling opposite direction) did the quick glance down at the speedo was running well over what i thought was the speed limit so i of course hit the brakes...but she had already put her lights on....So i slowed down and pulled off in the next driveway and waited for her...took her at least a min to get turned around!! Ended up getting a ticket for 72 in 55. The officer was actually really nice and told me that if i show up in court she would tell the judge how nice i was and most likely if it is their normal judge he will throw it out since I have a excellent driving record. Now that being said this has haunted me since then....some people I've told about it said your a fool you should have just kept going (just a mile down the road was the next county) its a very curvy country road and would have been no problem once i got through the next curve to just speed up and get home!! I admit my first thought was to do that but since i met her i was worried her camera may have gotten my license plate as we passed. I'm 99% positive i did do the right thing....just really hope when I go to court the judge is pretty easy going.....2 things I'm worried about....was in a Camaro....and 2 it was almost 3 a.m.

·
Registered
356 Posts
You did the right thing. Is it worth a couple hundred dollars to risk your life or the officers? Seriously? Chances are the people that told you you should have kept going, would have likely stopped as well. Besides don't be so certain she would have stopped when she saw the county line. Most likely the adjacent counties have agreements that pursuit can continue if necessary until another patrol car gets there.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Just my two cents; You did the right thing! If you had ran, there's no telling what could or would have happened. It's easy to get nervous, hands start to sweat, your heart starts pounding, you tend to watch your mirrors more than the road, and the next thing you know, you make a mistake. A ticket is a lot better then taking a chance in hurting yourself, or an innocent bystander. NO matter what time it is, people are always on the road; And it's then, when you least expect it that chaos tends to happen. Worst case scenario, when you show up to court, offer to take a defense driving course to lower the ticket. If you can get it reduced to a non-moving violation, it will not go on your record, or affect your insurance rate.

Learn from your mistakes, pay closer attention to your speeds, and know in your heart that a ticket is something that can always be worked out. Risking your life, can't be...... :thumbsup:

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
you did the SMART thing...I'd bet they reduce the ticket down a bit...at the very least.

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
You did the Right thing!!! About a month after getting mine, I was driving back from San Antonio on a Sunday Morning around 9am and about 5 miles from the house and got stopped for doing 80 in a 70, I went to the first court day, talked to the Prosecutor & Cop, he told the P that I was a Good Guy and she gave me 60 day Deferred instead of the standard 90 day... Just gotta Use Ur Cruise and watch Ur speed cause it is Soooooo Easy to Speed in this car..... Good Luck..

·
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep
4,638 Posts
You did the right thing... Otherwise if you she did start chasing after you you might get charged with attempting to elude police once she got you. If the judge doesnt throw it out just pay it but trust me you did the right thing by stopping

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just gotta Use Ur Cruise and watch Ur speed cause it is Soooooo Easy to Speed in this car..... Good Luck..
Very true....was no intention of mine to be speeding at the time it was just late and concentrated on getting home.

Thanks guys! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Is that why my reply didn't go through? lol

What I said was:
You did the responsible thing. Don't worry about what those other people said. Good luck! :)

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
You were 99% correct in stopping. If you had gone runnin, you would have ended up with a list of charges. Be humble when you get to court, take the $ hit, and thank the judge before you leave, no matter what. You're a good person that knew what to do, there are too many that would have taken the other road.

:cool:

·
A New Camaro, Excellent!
529 Posts
Don't listen to these fools, you shoulda ran, you coulda been on TV!!!!! :lol:

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
well considering ur here to type this post, most of us here think u did the right thing. think about it, what happens if u keep going and she does catch up? now speeding, possible trying to elude, careless driving maybe, the list goes on, and thats just whats on paper. anything else physically could have happened to another motorist the officer or you, then what? big trouble just go to court be courteous and they'll prob lower or even drop it all together, just see what they say

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
i dont believe the BS that if you go into court she will show up and tell the judge to let you go. she shouldnt have wrote you the ticket if you were such a nice guy. she should have given you a warning. somethings fishy here.

·
Support MC & Troops
11,799 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
When I went to court and the Officer told the Prosecutor that I was a Good Guy, I then asked him why he didn't just give me a Warning, I thought up to 10 over was no big deal.. His response was "9 & under looked at, 10 & over = Ticket" But that's here in my part of Texas... Just be Nice, anything else could Just Cause U more $$$ or Trouble...

·
Registered
746 Posts
You did the right and smart thing. I did all of those things whenI was younger, I look back now and say "what the hell was I thinking", now that I have a 17 year old son, I regret having him hear some of those stories from my friends. The county line thing that everyone always talks about and hopes for is typically bs anymore, if you break the law in your county, they'll hit you up in the next county anyway, like someone said earlier, they will get permission to enter that county. Chances are when you go to court, they wont drop the ticket, they'll reduce it to a no points violation, in PA, they call it "disobeying a properly posted safety device", $100.00 later, no points, and your out the door. If you would have ran and got away, I say if, if that officer ever seen you again, you would be paying the price you wish you never would have gotten. Go to court, dress respectfull, admit you screwed up, and pay the fine. You did the right thing..DO NOT second guess yourself...

1 - 20 of 42 Posts