Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 09 silverado quad cab on Saturday and went back today to drop off the check. While I was there, they had 2 camaros delivered. One was the Bumble Bee version and the other was a 2 RS/SS. The Bumble bee was already sold on a special order, but the second was not. I told my salesman I wanted to test drive the car. So off for the keys he went. All I can say is: WOW!!!!! I had that thing up to 110MPH in a heartbeat. I was supprised how sensative the gas pedal was, it took some getting used to. I loved how the interior was laid out and was supprised at the size of the trunk. I am 6'4" and I barely fit into the car. No room for back seat passengers, but who cares right?! The car hugged the road, even while taking an on ramp at 80 mph. I told my salesman I would be picking up the Z-28 when it comes out, but if it is scratched from production, I would be getting a 2 RS/SS. I hope they make the Z-28!!!!!!! I will post photos of the car later.

Mike

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Must be a pretty cool salesman to let you take it 80 mph around a ramp and up to 110!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
yea i'm 6'0" and when i first got in i hit my head on the ceiling and thought, "i just spent $43k on a car i don't even fit in, GREAT!"

Well then i found out the electronic seat controls lower the seat and now i fit perfectly.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Must be a pretty cool salesman to let you take it 80 mph around a ramp and up to 110!:thumbsup:
I spent about 20mins talking to the salesman, gave him my DL, (I'm sure they did a quick CC) he brought out the key (opened it for me) and said something like see ya in a little bit or something like that. They only had a victory red 2LT automatic. But it was some kinda fun, I'll tell you. I really enjoyed driving it. When I arrived back at the dealer. I had a grin ear to ear... :lol: I proceeded to order an 2SS RJT 6sd man. 20" Alum. Perilli's. **** shes sweet...

:5thgendrive:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Glad to see you like the car......but even my wife has done 110:lol:
I have had mine up to 137:D:cool:
I did not want to scare the crap out of the salesman. You guys are right, 80MPH doesn't feel like 80, it feels like 60 MPH. Since you want to show how big yours are, (joke) I have gone 200 MPH on my Suzuki GSX-R 1000. :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
yea i'm 6'0" and when i first got in i hit my head on the ceiling and thought, "i just spent $43k on a car i don't even fit in, GREAT!"

Well then i found out the electronic seat controls lower the seat and now i fit perfectly.
LoL my head still hits the roof if I hit a bump sometimes :p

·
Registered
746 Posts
I bought a 09 silverado quad cab on Saturday and went back today to drop off the check. While I was there, they had 2 camaros delivered. One was the Bumble Bee version and the other was a 2 RS/SS. The Bumble bee was already sold on a special order, but the second was not. I told my salesman I wanted to test drive the car. So off for the keys he went. All I can say is: WOW!!!!! I had that thing up to 110MPH in a heartbeat. I was supprised how sensative the gas pedal was, it took some getting used to. I loved how the interior was laid out and was supprised at the size of the trunk. I am 6'4" and I barely fit into the car. No room for back seat passengers, but who cares right?! The car hugged the road, even while taking an on ramp at 80 mph. I told my salesman I would be picking up the Z-28 when it comes out, but if it is scratched from production, I would be getting a 2 RS/SS. I hope they make the Z-28!!!!!!! I will post photos of the car later.

Mike
I don't know, it sure makes me feel good knowing that a brand new car, not even broken in, just just hit 110 by some guy who wasnt even buying it.....mine had 8 miles on it when I bought it, I wouldnt even let the salesman take it to the gas pumps for me. Guess I'm getting old, beating a car, that isnt even yours, to me that's not cool. But I guess you can run and tell all your buddies about it now? I understand that the salesman was being cool knowing you just bought a new truck, Chevy, good choice btw, but 110 in a 2010 test drive...guess it's just me.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I don't know, it sure makes me feel good knowing that a brand new car, not even broken in, just just hit 110 by some guy who wasnt even buying it.....mine had 8 miles on it when I bought it, I wouldnt even let the salesman take it to the gas pumps for me. Guess I'm getting old, beating a car, that isnt even yours, to me that's not cool. But I guess you can run and tell all your buddies about it now? I understand that the salesman was being cool knowing you just bought a new truck, Chevy, good choice btw, but 110 in a 2010 test drive...guess it's just me.
I agree.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
I'm ok with that test drive. The new buyer still gets a 5 year/100K drivetrain warranty afterward. I'm betting that the new buyer will drive it without any issues. These cars aren't your father's Camaro. Even GM engineers say the LS engines are ready to rock right out of the box.

I test drove a 94 Corvette I thought about buying off the showroom floor. The dealership tossed me the keys and I wasn't exactly easy on it during the test drive, but I didn't do 110 either. I wanted it, but ended up not buying it because they put some dealer installed items on the car I didn't want but wouldn't take off. But someone got the full warranty when they did.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I did not want to scare the crap out of the salesman. You guys are right, 80MPH doesn't feel like 80, it feels like 60 MPH. Since you want to show how big yours are, (joke) I have gone 200 MPH on my Suzuki GSX-R 1000. :lol:
I don't intend to take this thread off-topic, but being a GSX-R owner/enthusiast for over 17 years, I have to throw the "BS" flag on your claim of going 200mph on your 1000. Unless it's built to AMA or WSB standards, it's very unlikely it occurred. :confused: The stock '10 GSX-R1000 is good for 185mph. 200 would require some extensive and expensive mods to accomplish. Don't forget the speedo would be off up to 10%. I'm guessing you probably saw 180-190mph. Had you said a massaged '99-'00 Hayabusa, then I'd say more probable. :D

Now back to the thread: Yes, the new Camaro is a very stable platform, and deceptively fast. Had a blast driving a 2SS/RS a few weeks ago. Talk about "love at first drive"! :thumbsup: I can't wait to get mine! ;)

·
Banned
12 Posts
I have no problems putting a car through its paces on a test drive.. I took a brand new just out of dealer prep 05 mousetang gt auto out with the sales guy and flogged it good.. from a stop full throtle he was grinning more than i was.. I have an issue with dealerships and sales people not wanting you to "drive it like ya stole it" on a test drive.. how else are you supposed to know if you want it. Case in point.. when my wife was looking at a 99 BMW M3, we let the sales person drive it.. she was drifting it through some corners just to show us what it could do.. it worked.. we picked up the same car 2 days later. IF i go to a dealership and they make me baby a sports car on a test drive.. i let the general manager know i'm going elsewhere to buy.

·
Registered
746 Posts
I have no problems putting a car through its paces on a test drive.. I took a brand new just out of dealer prep 05 mousetang gt auto out with the sales guy and flogged it good.. from a stop full throtle he was grinning more than i was.. I have an issue with dealerships and sales people not wanting you to "drive it like ya stole it" on a test drive.. how else are you supposed to know if you want it. Case in point.. when my wife was looking at a 99 BMW M3, we let the sales person drive it.. she was drifting it through some corners just to show us what it could do.. it worked.. we picked up the same car 2 days later. IF i go to a dealership and they make me baby a sports car on a test drive.. i let the general manager know i'm going elsewhere to buy.
Well I guess we all are entitled to our opinions, I couldnt disagree more, but thats alright, thats why we have these threads. Whether its the dealers car, your buddies car, your Dad's car, it isnt yours, its a 426 horsepower motor, if you cant go through the gears, feel the power, and know you want it, then so be it. I've bought the teh last four brand new vehicles we've owned without even test driving them, why, because I wanted them, a 2004 300C, 2006 300C SRT-8,2005 Tahoe, 2008 Buick Enclave, and my 2010 Camaro. I signed them all by liking the car, sitting in it, and cupholders, very important. Test driving a vehicle at 110 mph, or beating the [email protected]#t out of your rental car bc its not yours just doesnt do it for me, but to each is its own.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Here is a photo of the car. He knows I am commited to a sale, and I am not buying a sports car to drive it like grandma. I can't hate on you guys who would not test drive a car like that. I would never buy a car without test driving it first. I understand where you are coming from. I could never order a car like alot of you did without driving it first. So to each thier own.

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts